Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gun Animations: Torque

I figured you had different ideas for the two bad parts...

but when I think tortured, I think of the higher pressure air behind the piston that then has to go out, thru the 'noid, thru the centre stalk, then back up and around... that's what I'm thinking of at least.

i look at the Torque this way. some guns you can swap in and out parts and push what you can, can't or shouldn't do with the gun. like the Mag, like a lot of other guns stemming from the mag(L10 aside), you don't need to upgrade this. there are ergonomics for some, but for the most part, this isn't an ion or a cocker where you can build it without touching a factory part, OR how many guns that are made within the past 2 years really NEED to have parts swapped out for the gun to really work better? this isn't a stock 99 cocker where you needed a spring kit, needed a new valve, bolt, LPR, 4-way, frame, HPR, sear, hammer and just about anything else you can think of. the aftermarket only shops are too few and far between. the money isn't there for development for an unproven gun(no offense Josh), nor should there be.

i look at what major gun manufacturers have done, which has a trickle down effect. they are designing guns that have features that people want and don't need or there isn't any performance upgrades to make the gun any better than stock. new ion?, this or any new gun isn't or doesn't need to be constantly resprung, or messed with to work. i know that the theoretical work from Josh, is spot on. there is are few people smarter than Josh in paintball. the idea of a self adjusting sensor that doesn't need to be checked or adjusted is for those people that want a gun that runs, period. the people that are putting guns out are now doing the work on testing, listening and being smarter about how they get and read the data that the testing has given them. even with CCM, its stock, leave it alone. you couldn't do that with guns 10 years ago.

so new ion?, whether you are trying to figure this out for yourself for a better understanding, or mesmerized by the simplicity and the "outside the box" thinking and can't fathom how this should work. i do not know. i do know that this is ground breaking, evolutionary and probably scary to the giants of gun making in paintball. i can't wait to see a beta gun and to shoot it for myself. i've had a love hate with spools, so this would be the bridge, the neanderthal(or is it cro-magnumman? i forget evolutionary talk, i play paintball, not live in a museum), the uber-gun, the homosuperior, if you will.

hahaha - I meant no offence to josh at all, and I absolutely love the design. It's very much a 'set it and forget it' ideology and I love that.

I was just trying to come at it from all angles possible, just to help see the design philosophy behind it.

Insider
    NOO offense taken, ever. Only 1 person has raised my hackles in all of this, the guy claiming 16,000 shots from a gun on PBN. This is feedback I WANT. I want to hear:

I was just trying to come at it from all angles possible, just to help see the design philosophy behind it.

but when I think tortured, I think of the higher pressure air behind the piston that then has to go out, thru the 'noid, thru the centre stalk, then back up and around...
    Yes! That is why one of the small changes in this last one the piston comes off the center stalk at the same time the piston fires - so there is better communication of air. One of the things we found was not a change in velocity, but a change in left over pressure in some situations, because of the long communication of air. The gun would shoot +/- 2-3bps, but leave between 40-0psi. No good reason for the 0psi trapped. So we have made to connection as short as possible.

In the future I have some plans. This is the setup for now because it is solid and works and I trust it. I need more development, I think Jack with the Ego path is kind of the thought. Make it good to begin with, then make it better bit by bit. When you have it perfect, take a huge step again.