Thread: Bolt bumper on an Automag

Bolt bumper on an Automag

Hello Gents,

This is as much of a test thread as it is a question.

How important is the large blue bumper oring for an pump-automag? Mine has been shredded by the wave spring to the point where it fails to make contact with the bolt itself. Should I replace it, or does it not really affect performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Algae View Post
    Hello Gents,

This is as much of a test thread as it is a question.

How important is the large blue bumper oring for an pump-automag? Mine has been shredded by the wave spring to the point where it fails to make contact with the bolt itself. Should I replace it, or does it not really affect performance?
    The bumper should be INSIDE the wave spring. The original kits used to come with smaller OD black bumpers that fit. Now, you have to take a blue one and trim it down. It should not be in the front or back of the wave spring. That would make it very hard to lock the bolt on the sear when you pump it and also kill your wave springs pretty quickly.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Okay, sounds like I should make a purchase from AGD or Tuna then. Thanks Evil!

Sorry for reviving a older post. Ive found with my pumpmag I perfer using a uncut clear rt bumper. Seems to give it a nice feel. Only downside is that the wavespring will wear it out after awhile. But they are cheap enough I dont mind.

I think my spring may be on the way out, actually. I can go semi-auto on it, so I think I'll have to replace it.

What spring should I be getting to replace it?