Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My CAD work - Willing to take requests!

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Okay, that is really decent - love that you got the sticker in there also. Very nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Very nicely done!
    Thanks guys!
    I will post up the files for the dropbox soon
    For a little part there feedback was a PITA to deal with because of some of the curves. Had to use a few different sweeps to get the profile right on the main body. Bunch of engraving on the lever for the eclipse wording as well, since inventor doesn't have an extrude from surface option unlike solid works does.

Sticker was fun, but for some reason the last little bit of the decal didn't want to wrap correctly. Tried fixing it but nothing seemed to work.
    I should have some more parts done within the week, just depends on what sort of time I can put into the project.

very nice! I usually use NX but I've just started training in Inventor today for my new job and I gotta say I like it. Might need to pilfer some of these files off dropbox on break keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by steadian View Post
    very nice! I usually use NX but I've just started training in Inventor today for my new job and I gotta say I like it. Might need to pilfer some of these files off dropbox on break keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I've been using inventor since H.S. (about 6.5. years now) so I've had time to learn a lot, but there's still things I'm not 100% comfortable modeling, since they can be very tricky. I love the program, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well.

Well they gave me two of the big manuals for it and i have been given a week to learn it inside and out but I gotta say I'm really liking it so far

Got a little bit more work done for my Etha project. Did the drive train and it turned out ok.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

You know what the rate/length is on that spring?

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    You know what the rate/length is on that spring?
    Not sure on the spring rate but the length is about 52mm (hard to measure when it compresses). From what I understand it's close to an automag spring for a rate (but don't quote me on that though)

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Interesting, thanks.

I'm curious if anyone is using the AutoCAD Electrical package with Inventor. It would seem like this would help with designing the electrical and process automation components in the marker. We've been using Electrical extensively at work for control and electrical cabinets, and find it to be completely invaluable in automation and electrical component design. At first we only used it for electrical controls, but have found the same success with our pneumatic controls. You can use this to track inputs and outputs, circuit board design, isolation, power calculations, etc. It splits your project into a visual CAD image and underlying database of information attributes (wire size, voltage, label, shield, etc.) assigned to each image object. I don't think there's an equivalent package in Solidworks, but if there is - I'd love to know what it is and what people think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    I'm curious if anyone is using the AutoCAD Electrical package with Inventor. It would seem like this would help with designing the electrical and process automation components in the marker. We've been using Electrical extensively at work for control and electrical cabinets, and find it to be completely invaluable in automation and electrical component design. At first we only used it for electrical controls, but have found the same success with our pneumatic controls. You can use this to track inputs and outputs, circuit board design, isolation, power calculations, etc. It splits your project into a visual CAD image and underlying database of information attributes (wire size, voltage, label, shield, etc.) assigned to each image object. I don't think there's an equivalent package in Solidworks, but if there is - I'd love to know what it is and what people think of it.
    I haven't used it yet. It seems like it would be a good package for that type of design though. Good to know that it's available.