Thread: advice from people who might know

advice from people who might know

Im the admin at what is essentially the US Army Paintball Owners Group. After several site issues, admin changes, etc. weve gotten everything up and running again, and are looking forward to the next steps.

What im wondering as a semi new website administrator, what can i do to increase traffic, advertisement, and get support from the big companies that put out the guns we all use and love?

weve done some facebook promoting, gotten on the search engines, created a supporting member system that gave us enough income to buy our.com, and go ad free.

can you guys take a look, and give me some constructive criticism, as well as maybe tips to approaching the big paintball companies,.. maybe dos and donts to getting stuff to raffle. promtional support. etc?

thanks for takin time guys.

Click here for the website
    Last edited by brock; 04-23-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added link

Do exactly what you are doing. There are so many sites out there, and just about every gun has an owners group so its tough to drum up lots of traffic. Facebook has put a big dent in a lot of forum advertising too btw.

Now that I have the url and know about your site I will add it to my list of daily visits.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

thx. thats at least a little reassuring. weve been through a lot in 4 yeaqrs,.. and now that its stable,.. i can totally make it bigger and better than ever... just have high hopes..

probably the fastest way to increase members is with a good youtube video.

Rather it has humor, facts or whatever else a good few videos generate lots of members, and google will pull up your youtube video if the title is typed in by the user without you having to pay for advertising, where as to put an add on google for your site cost money.

another great idea. thanks!