Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I think the bottleneck is production, not the design stage - sharing information in order to let people be unique seems a touch counter-intuitive to me.

Lower the cost of customizing, and you'll get more of it. I think that the cost associated with design is already plenty low.

Also:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...03402089_n.jpg
    Beast mode, lol.. Note made not to bunker lurker27

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    We can use Thingiverse or make a 'Pewpewiverse' ourselves.
    Thats exactly what I am asking for help creating. I got the place to do it where it will get maximum exposure, it just "how" best to do it.

Note, if it is not done here now, we will be doing it in the future. This is one of those things I think the industry would really get a kick out of, and would be just plain FUN.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post

open source marker project on MCB - not much traffic in it anymore, but I update it on occasion.

So, quite interested to see where this goes. You can most likely count me in.
    Awesome and same invitation to MCB if they want, I honestly wasn't aware of the extent of your resource Yoda (but think I have seen threads with designs before) and if there is someway to work together on this for the pballers benefit that would be great. I suck at paintball politics and avoid them when possible. So I say this in good faith that at this point I am open to all ideas on how to credit those already doing this work and involve them.

It could be as simple as me mentioning your page in the video and showing it if MCB is ok with it? Or you uploading your models and submitting videos to social paintball about your processes and 3d design for paintball etc. Wide open for ideas/suggestions, but I am going to do this. I won't let any BS politics stop the effort. Paintballers themselves are great at sharing and collaborating, i like to think we at socialpaintball have a good reputation for promoting the game and not our own personalities,(and we definitely have a rep for doing alot with NO money, lol) so take that for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by bronc View Post
    This is actually something we are looking at, but for the code that's going to drive our electronics. We were also thinking of open sourcing upgrade parts for our gun after it comes out, allowing people to do exactly what you're talking about.

I'm a big supporter of open source. And we've got to move away from the patent wars we've seen the last 10 years. It's killing all innovation.
    Awesome, and forgive my naivety to paintball insiders, but I am not sure who I am replying too, if there is already an effort to do this maybe working together to atleast give it exposure through this video series would be helpful? Wide open to ideas, just email me or respond here. Thanks

I'm fine with sharing whatever is in that thread and advertising it in any way - it is not a restricted project in any form, and is open to anybody and everybody with an interest in it whether they can bring talent, critique, or just enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
    I'm fine with sharing whatever is in that thread and advertising it in any way - it is not a restricted project in any form, and is open to anybody and everybody with an interest in it whether they can bring talent, critique, or just enthusiasm.
    Awesome, if there is a certain project you think would be better for the first introductory episodes please let me know. Do I need MCB's permission to show their site on a screen cast? Is that something you can check on for me? I don't know anyone and definitely dont want to step on any toes there. If they are ok, then I will make sure to include your area as a featured part of a video.

let me know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Open source? Count me in.
    Ok, if you could email me some contact info at sqyire@gmail.com that would be great. Trying to put together an email list of those who want to help out. Thanks

Supports Inception Designs
    Might as well start now, and I will add our work and CAD backbone to the mix as we get rolling. This really is based off of the Ion and Jack's Etha and of course, the paintball firing chicken. We were going to start something with this on our own, but there is no reason not to do this now.

We do cosmetics. A gun (as y0da can attest to!) is a pain to open source. BUT: Getting basic CAD files for the Ion and Etha for mounting points and related we come up with a batch of cosmetic upgrades to the guns (and maybe masks/loaders.) Maybe even do a body/grip for the Ion that allows easy mounting of other stuff.
    The Ion and Etha are prime candidates. The Trracer also, maybe even the spyder pump and of course the Phantom. Guns that have sold a lot, are cheap and good would all be good choices. But anything is game.

Note, if it is not done here now, we will be doing it in the future. This is one of those things I think the industry would really get a kick out of, and would be just plain FUN.
    I'm planning on doing a full CAD of my Etha at some point, I've already messed with it to put Ego11 grips on, and make it gas through like the LV1. Might as well do a CAD file too. I agree about the Phantom (there's already one over on MCB that I know of). Hammer7's more or less done (could always use improvement). Not sure if there's any ion files, but that/the Enemy would be great to do as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skibbo; 04-13-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I own an ion (hollowpoint - no original engine anymore) that I could possibly do... then again, we could always ask Nicad for the original dims if needed....

Quote Originally Posted by sqyire View Post
    Awesome, and forgive my naivety to paintball insiders, but I am not sure who I am replying too,
    quick rundown of who i know is who

Simon is... well he was working with Kee, and before that NPS (i'm sure you know who Simon is...)

bronc is half of Thin Air sports, along with YDNA.

Lurker27 is.. well he's lurker of Lurkerpb.

Yoda isnt apart of any company afaik, but he's done closed bolt ion conversions among other things.

pbjosh is Josh from J4 paintball,

skibbo is a graduate mech eng looking for a job

I'm a student elec eng trying to find my way in the world

If i got something wrong, please feel free to correct me, and if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to at all.

Not in this thread(yet?):

Jack wood of planet eclipse,

FirePro84 - gun tech, currently working with PE.

Ttwo - believe he's with BPS (who did the twister autococker)

If I left anyone out... sorry...