Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to help out?

thanks new ion?

Oh, and quick update. Looks like I may get to learn/use one of the new faro arm 3d scanners sometime in the next 6 mos or so. Very excited about that since I am not anywhere near some of your levels with CAD/Solid works

Insider
    I want to CC the "simplest spool valve" design (e.: you'll need to be an insider to see it sqyire). Can't do any more work on it until I can get my mill back up and running, however.

As shown by the Acetal proof-of-concept it appears possible to build the entire marker with little more than a drill press (for O-ring grooves and air passages) and a dremel (for the sear).
    Last edited by neftaly; 04-15-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
    I want to CC the "simplest spool valve" design (e.: you'll need to be an insider to see it sqyire). Can't do any more work on it until I can get my mill back up and running, however.

As shown by the Acetal proof-of-concept it appears possible to build the entire marker with little more than a drill press (for O-ring grooves and air passages) and a dremel (for the sear).
    I could probably run it on the tormach once we have it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by sqyire View Post
    Oh, and quick update. Looks like I may get to learn/use one of the new faro arm 3d scanners sometime in the next 6 mos or so. Very excited about that since I am not anywhere near some of your levels with CAD/Solid works
    I used to work in the same building as Faro and 3D scanners in the UK and have done a lot of work with the output from their systems. It's very impressive and useful. I almost bought one for cheap from a close out auction about 6 months ago but decided the money was better spent on my machines at the time.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by neftaly View Post

I could probably draw something up if you want. Seems really simple (which is great). If you were able to print these off (not sure because of pressure/holding air) it would be a great first marker. Buy some tube, print your spool, add whatever frame etc. you want, good to go.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    If you were able to print these off
    I think the idea behind the SSV Design is to make something super cheap and easy to machine - if we were to go with something designed to print....well, how about we not consider that right now? ha!

The SSV could be a nice little drivetrain that would be super easy to build or even for a first machine project. That and they could be made and sold cheap in volume. And since you could just RP the body around it, as long as the drivetrain is solid the small size would allow for some fun externals.

And while maybe not the exact SSV, a simple design or 3, like a very simple 'evil M' that doesn't require more then a few tools to finish would be interesting to design and be helpful to 'open source' as a basic design.

If you could do a design like the Sheridans with brass/soldering for a body design that would be cool. Not sure how a spool valve would work in that design but it'd be an option.

I usually try to design with existing hardware in mind since its cheaper. Would be interesting to put a list of frames, feed necks, etc together that would fit a common spacing/thread to increase the amount of off the shelf parts that could be put on with little or no modification by the end user.

The thread thread on pbn kind of has what you're looking for.

I'm thinking something similar, but for things like frame spacing, frame screws, grips (45 or otherwise), feednecks, etc.

Honestly I think the best (for right now) would be Autococker barrel/frame (easy to find something cheap, easy upgrades), Ego/Empire type feedneck (plenty ego feednecks cheap), Standard Female Regulator threading (if needed), standard bottomline ASA (T-rail is nice but potentially prohibitive to mill), macroline? (braided is cheaper, but most markers have macro now anyways).

If electronic: T-board (cheap/small), not sure on eye covers, 9V operated, flashes for programming (cheaper than LCD)

Just some ideas for now, if something based on the SSV goes forward we can dedicate a thread to it and put more information there.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.