Thread: Etha GT Project (Didn't see a custom section)

Supports Inception Designs

Etha GT Project (Didn't see a custom section)

So I've been doing some somewhat simple modifications to my Etha and I thought I'd post them here.

The name is derived from a Gas Through grip, plus Jack Wood likes cars, so the GT was a good fit. Hopefully will have some time after NCPA nationals to do a full CAD of the Etha and figure out a better way to do this (especially grips)

Not finished yet, still need a new OOPS and a final gas up to test everything out.
    Anyhow, I don't foresee it changing much from this (sorry for the crappy cell phone photo, couldn't find my digital camera
    Did this without any CAD work (surprising I know) and with my Drill press/hand tools (my apt is too small for a mill )

Steps (sort of)

Tapped the frame for 10-32 screws, drilled out the OOPS threading, drilled larger holes for socket head clearance, fixed my mistakes with JB weld (didn't center clearance holes correctly on either side:bang OOPS leaks, but I'm in the process of getting a new one.

Supports a tank solidly

Battery relocation cutout

OOPS with 1/8 NPT tap for microline (as far forward with the fitting as I could go)

Was able to get ego11 grips to fit. I sanded a recess between the frame and solenoid for threaded standoffs to fit, the screw pulls the standoff/frame and grips together and holds them quite solidly. You can sort of see a acrylic spacer that helps protect the board. Since I took the picture the gaps were filled with JB weld on top of the spacer to get it element proof.

Yes, that is a DYE NT foregrip, had to cut the top section since their regs are really small diameter wise compared to the SL3's. Incredibly comfortable to hold though.

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Fun project Who'd have though of putting the gas line through the trigger guard huh? On yeah that was Tippmann (just a friendly dig Jack )

I'm going to move this to the gun/marker section.

Thanks Simon. Wasn't sure if the Guns/Markers section was the right one.

Hopefully once I get the OOPS replaced/re-drilled it will work. I like the way it feels now, especially with the Ego11 grips. Too bad they couldn't come like that from factory w/covers to slip under the grip (like what I had to make)

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    Ooooo I thought it was going to be an etha with a Clone GT frame for the gas-thru.

Awesome project. Look forward to seeing the result.

Quote Originally Posted by L x View Post
    Ooooo I thought it was going to be an etha with a Clone GT frame for the gas-thru.

Awesome project. Look forward to seeing the result.
    Sorry to disappoint.

I don't think it'd be possible to use anything but an etha frame on this without an adapter plate, which kinda stinks

Update:
    Basically finished it. Need to get a properly machined OOPS, the one I made holds air but there's a slight leak from where I drilled the air transfer hole too deep.

Anyhow here's the video: