Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paintball Injuries?

LOL, yes I was there for that. That NEISS data you ar eseeing is only for injuries that resulted in a hospital visit. So, presumably there is a missing amount of real world stat that is just treated on the field by first aid attendants at the field, or injuries that are "walked off".

I think out of that data set there was about 2.2 million admissions.

What this data set doesn't tell us unfortunately, is a statistic on player skill/experience and frequency of play.

My supposition is that the longer you play, with safety in mind the less likely you are to be injured in anything that might be considered the fault of the player (I.E. diving poorly, not using barrel bags, over extending ones self, sprains and strains or injuries of that sort).

I don't think there is a way to quantify that.

except for something along the lines of "how long have you played" when at the hospital

True story, I got bunkered by one of the guys here at MASH - with reballs - point blank - with rampimg - to my family jewels.

That was the only time in my 25+ years of playing I had to go to the hospital. Luckily they said I was so old they were already shriveled up and worthless so no harm was done. Just couldn't sit down properly for 2 days.

Sounds about right...

Who needs testicles anyway? I was thinking I love boobs so much I might grow a pair of my own. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitlebug View Post
    Sounds about right...

Who needs testicles anyway? I was thinking I love boobs so much I might grow a pair of my own. :-)
    you're Canadian, so you need something coozy to keep you warm at night...