Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCM 86° Frame CAD file/dimensions???

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Spare yourself and find some MAC33's.
    this
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Supports Inception Designs
    Spare yourself and find some MAC33's.
    Good idea.
    I may end up doing that with the ion. The problem with the Etha is that it requires a solenoid housing (not sure if you're familiar with the marker or not) which basically dictates solenoid placement/type. I suppose if I wanted I could tap the body for barbs and move the solenoid. The roughly 300 psi operating pressure makes it a bit tough to find a solenoid that can handle that sort of pressure although I could probably use one rated for lower pressures and hope for the best.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I was hoping you would finish it. We don't even have a print. Believe it or not we have never made a print. Once it is programmed we just use gauge pins to verify the dim. It never changes. if you saw the machine program none of the numbers make sense like a print.

On each run we put one together put it on a gun to make sure it functions then hit the go button.

really.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmachinist View Post
    I was hoping you would finish it. We don't even have a print. Believe it or not we have never made a print. Once it is programmed we just use gauge pins to verify the dim. It never changes. if you saw the machine program none of the numbers make sense like a print.

On each run we put one together put it on a gun to make sure it functions then hit the go button.

really.
    I've been really tired after work so I haven't worked on it much. Plus I keep getting distracted by new projects .
    I can post up what I have. It should be relatively close.

Ok, so this is what I ended up with. Need to troubleshoot why I can't put the top radius on, quite annoying.
    Anyhow:
    86 Frame

Also: If the .dwg doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skibbo; 06-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmachinist View Post

really.
    Wow.

I do find it hard to make sure I capture back changes at the machine into my files and programs kept on my computer, but it's something I have learnt I have to do otherwise things can end up messy with future products based on the same design, or future part runs.

It's a PITA at the time, but worth it later on.

I still copy back final code from the controller to the desktop once I run the latest of a new part, and that way the date I last ran that file is kept on the computer/back up also.

If we make any changes for any reason we always date it at the controller and save it then its copied to a floppy. we have old controllers.

The drwg looks pretty good. It's defiantly going to be several sheets.

This frame was actually copied from a CZ75 real steel pistol. I think someone patented the 90* so Jason made an 86* I think that's how the story went.

One of my controllers was/is floppy. I got a hand held box that connects through the port and lets me use USB sticks. It is way better than floppies! I hate floppies. Cost me around $500 but was soo worth it.

Tom had the patent on over 90 degrees. WDP has it on 90.

Tom will license it for a fair fee, it was $1 last time I asked. $1 in total, not per gun Not sure about WDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Tom will license it for a fair fee, it was $1 last time I asked. $1 in total, not per gun Not sure about WDP.
    I wonder if the Logic Shocker frames were just low enough volume to dodge that.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I wonder if the Logic Shocker frames were just low enough volume to dodge that.
    Very likely. I don't think Tom minds anymore, and WDP probably wouldn't have noticed.

Usually I will only update code to make cycles faster, ie speeds and feeds or simplified tool paths

But we have usb on all our machines so archiving everything is fairly easy

I also figured out a few months ago how to save offsets to the program when you save it to usb and then load them back to the controller

So rather than load all the tools we just keep them set aside and load the offsets with the program, saves a huge ammount of setup time