Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCM 86° Frame CAD file/dimensions???

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    I also figured out a few months ago how to save offsets to the program when you save it to usb and then load them back to the controller

So rather than load all the tools we just keep them set aside and load the offsets with the program, saves a huge ammount of setup time
    What machines are you running? And can you tell me more about saving the offsets?

I've been editing in some crucial offsets into brackets in my program headers so I don't lose them. Mainly for lathe parts.

Well the only machine we do that on os the DT 1 and iirc it is setting 156 combined with another that dictates the format it will save the offsets in

But you turn the setting on and whenever you save a program from the controller to the stick it will save all the offsets (work and tool) at the end of the program

Then when you load the program back to the controller it will ask if you want to load the offsets as well

Doing this we were able to reduce one of our setup times by about an hour

Yeah it s setting 156 to toggle the offset save function and setting 157 to set the save format, heres an excerpt from haas

Most CNC users are familiar with loading and saving programs either to RS232, USB, ENET or in some cases a harddrive within the machine, however if the part is a regular job with the same tooling preset, the majority of people will reset their tool and work offsets each time. Not only is this time consuming but given many milling tools require a diameter or radius offset the possibility is always exists that the operator simply forgets to enter this data with the corresponding results of at best an incorrectly size part.To assist Haas users with the storage of tool and work offsets, the Haas control includes two Settings, one to automatically output the current offset table when saving a program, and the second to co0ntrol the format of the table such that the user can read the offsets in the same format as they are displayed on the control pendant screen.156 - Save Offset with PROGTurning this setting On will have the control save the offsets in the same file as the programs, but under the heading O999999. The offsets will appear in the file before the final % sign.157 - Offset Format TypeWhen it is set to A the format looks like what is displayed on the control, and contains decimal points and column headings. Offsets saved in this format can be more easily edited on a PC and later reloaded. When it is set to B, each offset is saved on a separate line with an N value and a V value.For more help please consult your Haas manual, or contact the Haas Applications Dept.*

Supports Inception Designs
    Looks to be a

kidding.

Wish I knew more about CNC's. Would make projects so much easier.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Haha I was going to apologize for thread jacking too

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    Haha I was going to apologize for thread jacking too
    I don't mind. I enjoy reading about things that I don't know much about so it wasn't much of a jacking since I didn't mind.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.