Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marker

Supports Inception Designs

Marker

Ok, so I think I'm going to move forward with a simple marker design as shown in the OSM thread, but on a slight tangent.

I've come up with so far (some mentioned in 1st post of the other thread):

Mech/ Pneumatic Sear
    Off the Rack parts where possible (existing barrels, regs, feednecks, frames, etc)
    Standard autococker frame spacing
    Air cut off technology (DYE type)
    Female Regulator threads
    LED board (cheap) [possibly Scenario Dreams board]
    Standard 10-32 ASA mount holes
    45 frame
    Anti-chop eyes
    Minimal milling
    A/C threaded
    Ego style feedneck
    18-25 shots per CI of tank
    Forward bias spool
    Single tube body
    As low of OP as possible (not sure what this'll be, depends on spool design)

So yeah, if anyone else has ideas on what they'd like to see let me know; I'll try to figure out what can be incorporated and what may be too hard to do.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I will be impressed if you hit 25 balls per cubic inch on a forward bias spool. Optimizing your flow path is going to be essential.

That's just a general idea. I know my etha is right around 19, so if it gets more than that I'd be really happy.

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Well, I know it's early in the process, but I've hit a road block. I'm trying to figure out a good design for the drive train, but even narrowing it down to a forward bias spool, there's a lot of options. I may jus stick with designing as much of the body as possible then coming back to the drivetrain.

Now I know why it takes so long to put out a marker.

Easiest way to do your first one - take a CAD file of an existing design (reverse-engineered or something else publicly available) that is available, and make it different. Don't worry about the utmost level of refinement, that can evolve and come with time. Just play around with the general arrangement making sure you pay attention to what actually makes it tick.

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
    Easiest way to do your first one - take a CAD file of an existing design (reverse-engineered or something else publicly available) that is available, and make it different. Don't worry about the utmost level of refinement, that can evolve and come with time. Just play around with the general arrangement making sure you pay attention to what actually makes it tick.
    Yeah. That's what I'm thinking of doing just to make it simpler. I may just end up using my etha's drive train as a start since it's pretty darn simple. Either that or possibly use the G4 drivetrain (not crazy efficient, but incredibly simple)

Insider
    Are you really thinking about "putting out" a marker, or simply building one for yourself as a project? I'm confused as to the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Are you really thinking about "putting out" a marker, or simply building one for yourself as a project? I'm confused as to the goal.
    Not really sure yet. Probably for myself just to see how simple it can be.

I confuse myself too.

Insider
    For thinking, take a look at Andy's site, zdspb.com for marker design and hints. Also look at the http://paintball.newkamikaze.com site for how quite a few guns run.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    For thinking, take a look at Andy's site, zdspb.com for marker design and hints. Also look at the http://paintball.newkamikaze.com site for how quite a few guns run.
    I love zdspb.com. It's a great website. I'm also familiar with the other website as well.

Thanks for the info.