Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marker

Supports Inception Designs
    So I think I'm going to go ahead and use a etha style spool rather than the g4, mostly because I already have an etha for measurements, and there's an efficiency number to try and beat already.

The G4 engine is decent, but it's almost too small to use with most frames, especially after you add in an the reg mount. Plus, designing it for a round body is a lot harder than it will be with the etha.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

do you have any weight goals in mind? or are you mainly shooting for simplicity? and what kind of frame are you going to use? sounds really cool by the way

Quote Originally Posted by steadian View Post
    do you have any weight goals in mind? or are you mainly shooting for simplicity? and what kind of frame are you going to use? sounds really cool by the way
    I don't really have any weight goals in mind, but it won't be the lightest marker out there for sure.
    The simpler the marker the better, if I can use 80% OTR parts that would be ideal. Keep the cost low, machining would be the highest cost part of the project, and that would mostly be threading form the barrel and boring/threading for the drivetrain.
    I'm just thinking about using a standard Autococker frame, or some derivation using that screw spacing. That way I can have some fun with frames/grips and not really be tied down. I love the look of the 86° frames, but I think fitting electronics in it would be a bit of a pain due to the grip configuration.
    Last edited by skibbo; 04-30-2013 at 10:11 AM.

where you thinking on maybe a scenario t board or something along those lines? I here those are pretty modular, and that sounds pretty interesting actually definatly like the interchangability of it all

Posted this in the other thread just before it got closed:

Speaking of open source... I am working on board code for a paintball gun using Arduino right now. I'll be releasing it as open source, and will likely have something I feel comfortable showing people within a few weeks.

What I have done right now is code that has functioning eyes, semi-auto uncapped mode, and programmable debounce/mech debounce, dwell, BIP/loader delay, FSDO dwell. Programming mode is kinda like Tadao M5 or the MacDev Droid board (the two boards I have that I'm basing the interface on). I'm working on adding other firing modes, ROF cap, and other "standard" features. The code will be open sourced after I've done some real world testing with my Viking in a few weeks. I'm not going to release anything until I know it really works. But it'll be up on github most likely when I release it.

As for the board itself, I'm using an Arduino Nano for development, but I've got a Femtoduino board on the way, which I'll be using to test the code in my Viking. Arduino board designs themselves are open source, so I'm hoping I'll eventually have an actual open source PCB design that could be customized for other guns.

Gabe, I think your project demands a thread of it's own too!

Indeed. I'll post that up when I have something to release.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    Indeed. I'll post that up when I have something to release.
    You're missing the point. We are just as interested in the final product as we are being along for the rollercoaster ride of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicad View Post
    You're missing the point. We are just as interested in the final product as we are being along for the rollercoaster ride of development.
    This.

haha, ok, then.