Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

perfect.. i'm getting my order ready with digikey now.

Sorry, I was away all weekend. This is the one I'm using: http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...rds=BUK9840-55 Although it seems like they're not available now.

here you go 3493 in stock, is that enough

for my harnesses for ICD products, i bounce between Mouser and Digikey. sometimes Mouser is cheaper, sometimes Digikey has it. but i hold no loyalty except to whoever has it.

I've been fairly silent for a while now. Things have been busy in my personal life with a baby on the way, and I haven't had time to spend working on any of these projects lately. I'm hoping I'll have more free time in August to work on the code some more and finalize a 1.0 release.

Supports Inception Designs
    Supports Inception Designs
    The DNA development repository is now online: https://github.com/jingoro2112/dna

thought that might be of interest to the this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    The DNA development repository is now online: https://github.com/jingoro2112/dna

thought that might be of interest to the this thread.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    Thanks! It'd be great if I could eventually develop it in such a way as to be able to flash other boards with it, kind of like rMod on the Pandora board.
    Found this blog as I periodically still do searches to see what is going on with the code.

I wrote the rMod code and ironically the naming was based on my name as well. Interesting development blog here. I so wanted to do a board but too many things happened. I stopped working on my code after I got way too many annoying and disturbing messages on pbnation related to the code. I also had reached the limits of the Pandora board ( Seriously a 1 color led ?! ). Honestly I hate the trigger programming I was forced to come up with. I cheated and would just burned myself a new firmware with different defaults.

To this day I still want a board for my Excal that has an oled screen, usb, variable voltage firing rails, 3 even 4 sets of eyes, wireless capable would really be good.

I'm not sure if you solved your sputtering problem at high speeds. If you sit a ball on the AKA bolt design. There is v gap around the outside circumference. When the bolt is moving forward if your eyes are still on then you will read a "connect" when gap passed in front of them. My guess is at that point your loader delay starts running. When your running with a ROF limit then that timer holds off the firing giving enough time for the ball to load. When your running uncapped then it goes ahead and starts a firing event. Some of the AKA bolts have a groove for an o-ring. That one will really drive your eye logic crazy.

Depending on your code it is entirely possible to read the eyes that fast. I believe the rmod code polls the receive eye ( yeah no interrrupt on that pin, so many wasted cycles ) somewhere around 20-25 times a millisecond. For grins, there was an argument going on at one time about the Halo. The last couple of balls supposedly were getting flung down the tube instead of being spring pressured. I decided to see how long my eye logic took to debounce the ball ( My eyelogic waits till the ball isn't bouncing in and out of the beam before calling it ready. Tadao call its anti-breech bounce or something I guess.). I put in the lowest eye setting of 0.5 millisecond. Every shot from the halo had no bounce till the last 10 and then it was exponential. The last shot was something like 63 bounces which surprised me and my friends as no one could tell it had slowed that much.

For extra fun. If you haven't modified your ram. The combo of small paint, force feed loader and the viking bolt can cause the ball to get sucked/pushed backwards. So your eyes will see it and then they don't.

I still have the rmod source code. I didn't go open source with it because of PbNation. Sickened me how many people wanted "special code". I'm sure FlipFlops has directly seen it. Hats off to FlipFlops and Curt. Reading their messages over the years is what me prompted to start. Well that and the fact the Pandora factory code would go totally brain dead about once a weekend and do a factory reset. I'm pretty certain I over-engineered that part but I've never lost a setting in the past 7 years.

Awesome!

Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been super busy preparing for our first child, who's due in the next couple of weeks. I'm taking a hiatus on this project for a while. Hopefully I'll have some time maybe in the spring to start working on this again.

this sounds pretty cool. As much as I'd like a DNA board, $90+OLED screen just isn't in the budget. A $20 arduino board is much more manageable. Keep up the good work man.

Ideally, I'd have loved to use Jamie's PaintDuino board as a reference design for my code, but he hasn't posted any updates about that.