Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

what size resistor? 220? or keep the 10k

You are a genius! That fixed the LED and I was able to set it back to HIGH for read

still have to switched the boolean on the fire command. That is going to be trickier

So was the change in wiring due to the transistor i chose?

I'm not 100% sure about the original transistor - but yes, your transistor choice matters.

now.. to find an intern to take my breadboard and put it in eagle.

Hello everyone,

i just finished the initial work to adopt GCode to a MacDev board. Means: schematics drawn. I'll start now to port the software to the PIC. I haven't really checked what changes are needed but is it possible to switch from the ino files to c files? I know this is more work yet the portability would be increased for other micro plattforms. e.g. by setting a define you could easly switch a lot of typedefs and defines as needed.

Should i "just" go ahead?

regards, Alex

PS: if someone wonders why I do this: the Tadao flash & LED conversion is potentially not easy to get for my country. But I surely can reverse engineer stuff.

I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would have said "why not just go the Tadao route?" We're pretty happy to see awesome stuff like this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ClonePort View Post
    Hello everyone,

i just finished the initial work to adopt GCode to a MacDev board. Means: schematics drawn. I'll start now to port the software to the PIC. I haven't really checked what changes are needed but is it possible to switch from the ino files to c files? I know this is more work yet the portability would be increased for other micro plattforms. e.g. by setting a define you could easly switch a lot of typedefs and defines as needed.
    FYI Curt released the Morlock code which is written in C. You might be better off starting there.

Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    now.. to find an intern to take my breadboard and put it in eagle.
    Sent you my current LCD angel board outline .brd file. Should be a good place to start.

Last edited by Dirty Engineer; 02-07-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    FYI Curt released the Morlock code which is written in C. You might be better off starting there.

Sent you my current LCD angel board outline .brd file. Should be a good place to start.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/hp...1022-h466-p-no
    I'll compare what I'll use as base...

edit:
    Memory Summary:
    Program space used 112Dh ( 4397) of 6F00h bytes ( 15.5%)
    Data space used 9Fh ( 159) of 800h bytes ( 7.8%)
    Configuration bits used 2h ( 2) of 7h words ( 28.6%)
    EEPROM space used 0h ( 0) of 100h bytes ( 0.0%)
    ID Location space used 0h ( 0) of 8h bytes ( 0.0%)
    Data stack space used 0h ( 0) of 760h bytes ( 0.0%)
    This is the first build of GCode on PIC. I like the other firmware, but both are way off PIC. So did some refactoring.
    Missing: LED and EEPROM.
    Last edited by ClonePort; 02-07-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Unbenannt.PNG

Fire!
    The first shot in the simulator is done. Currently it was only a forced shot because the MPLAB simulator is not very nice. Maybe I can add better simulation. Or use my gun if i fell lucky enough. Attached there is a circuit for the interested how to build a self-holding circuit.
    How does it work? If you press the switch attached long enough you power the LDO and check the switch input. Then you can decide to enable N1 to sustain power. Check periodically if the on/off switch is pressed long enough to power down. From my point an elegant solution to allow push-button on/off. That's actually also similar implemented in a lot embedded automotive controllers. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images

SO here is my first (well, version 3) attempt at board design. Huge shout out to Dirty Engineer for board design and code and Gabriel.

Next step is the menu oled and silkscreening, but i am waiting on silk until i am sure none of the components will change.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jptheripper; 02-15-2015 at 12:46 PM.