Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

Well, if you'll be at LL this weekend, come track us down. Simon and I (Gabriel) will both be with the PbNation ModSquad team.

im centaur legion under DJ

Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    Well, if you'll be at LL this weekend, come track us down. Simon and I (Gabriel) will both be working Simon's Inception booth next to the PBN Modsquad set up.
    Fixed

Supports Inception Designs
    If by working, you mean sitting in one of the precious chairs, there's a good chance I will be doing that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    im centaur legion under DJ
    Keep an eye out for us. We should be near the chrono area.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Fixed
    lol

I should warn you guys before I get there that I'm bat crap crazy

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I should warn you guys before I get there that I'm bat crap crazy
    lmao, you think you're the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
    Don't know if this will help you, but here's the UTB code, wiring, and schematics for reference:
    Interesting. I didn't know those boards were open source. Thanks!

Well, I decided to spend some time fiddling with the hardware tonight and get the voltage regulator working. Ended up killing two of them because the datasheet lists the pins incorrectly. It shows (from left to right) GND-IN-OUT, but it's actually IN-GND-OUT. I thought it was odd, since all of the other tutorial diagrams I'd seen for this showed it as IN-GND-OUT.

Once I got it all hooked up I found another problem: the voltage regulators I got are outputting 4V instead of 5V. I tried a few different batteries, which ranged in output from 8v to 9.6v. All resulted in 4V output. I put two in series to get an 18V input and then got a 12V output, which makes no sense, since this VR is supposed to accept up to 30V input and have 5.2V max output.

Unfortunately with my lack of experience with electronics I'm not 100% sure if this is somehow my fault, or if these components I ordered are just crap.