Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

Insider
    Use a 7805

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
    Use a 7805
    Yeah. I might use one of those in the interim for testing, but I'm trying to stick to SMDs that I'll be using on the board eventually.

Are you sure you got the right parts? Incorrect pins in the datasheet and wrong output voltage would make me check my part nos.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Picked up some standard 7805s this morning at Radio Shack. I'm glad they still carry stuff like that. I am ordered some of these also, which are basically 7805s in an SMD package.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Are you sure you got the right parts? Incorrect pins in the datasheet and wrong output voltage would make me check my part nos.
    Everything looked right. I'm going to try and contact digikey about it, though.

Success.

Now I need to integrate this circuit back into my test board setup so I can continue from there and get back to the code. And hopefully I'll have the SMD 7805s in early next week and I can swap one of those things in and make sure they work well.

Moved all of the solenoid support circuitry over to the test board. It all works now. I added ROF limit support to the firing code also. 'Twas a productive evening.

I'm hoping I'll have some time this weekend to clean up the code and get a release posted. I was hoping to have ramping support and full auto in there before I did a release, but at this point, it works, so I'm pretty damn happy with it.

Looking good

I've always hoped that eventually someone would try and do something along a homebrew Sandridge-style board. A closed loop board that could adjust things on the fly.

A user on mcarterbrown sent me a pm about the voltage regulator. Turns out I made a mistake and ordered a VR for -5V instead of 5V. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
    Looking good

I've always hoped that eventually someone would try and do something along a homebrew Sandridge-style board. A closed loop board that could adjust things on the fly.
    Thanks. What is Sandridge?

Also, I started playing around with Fritzing and used it to do up a schematic of my board setup. It's probably not 100% accurate. I'm still learning how to use this program.

Last edited by sumorai; 05-25-2013 at 06:13 PM.