Thread: New Marker Idea

New Marker Idea

Hey all,

i've been tossing the idea around in my head for a new marker, but i don't believe i could make it come to fruition, or even if it would work well, but here goes.

My idea is for a Stacked tube marker that uses an MQ style of valve. I was thinking that possibly if you were to make it a FASOR style marker with a bumper on the rear of the ram that you could eliminate the harsh "kick" that the ego line is known for. Also using the MQ style valve you could time the valve for both optimum efficiency and to have a slight scavenging effect on the next ball in the stack to help eliminate chopping

another somewhat related yet seperate line in my thinking is that if you could make the forward and rearward travel the same you could have a marker that would function either as an open or closed bolt. all you would have to do would be to switch a hose inside the frame and the direction of the ram on the marker. Or make it really easy and make it a seting on the board with a dip switch or something similar
    Last edited by 89raider; 05-08-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Welcome to my forums

An mQ valve gun sounds like an Aedes, which is a gun that Colin from Deadlywind was working on.

Having the same solenoid allow open or closed bolt operation is technically possible but in one of those positions the coil would be always on and it would kill your battery very quickly. Having to swap the hoses or a pneumatic switch would be a better answer.

Raider, one bad thing about the MQ valve used in a blowforward is consistency. Apparently some people have gone thru 10+ bolt designs on PbN just trying to get it consistent and fast, and they just can't reproduce the original.. Well, it's not that NiCad has actually told us if it was consistent or not lol...

Swapping hoses was really my main thinking, just trying to keep it simple for user friendliness, however a pneumatic switch would work as well or better i suppose

Ion as far as consistency i assume you would be referring to FPS correct? what reason were they having difficulty with them? airflow issues or something undefined?

the way i'm kind of looking at this is as a cocker with an internal ram and independant valve timing... (i may not be explaining it well)
    Last edited by 89raider; 05-09-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Yes fps. Not sure the reasoning tbh..

And if you're talking cocker with internal ram... Now were talking a whole different beast and you should verify and see the rest of the site.

Yea I'm talking internal rammed cocker, with a spring return system for simplicity/ reliability and an mq for timing control lol

Yea you might wanna verify and start snooping round the site...