Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simonized Axe

What would I need to supply to a machinist to get a feather lite axe? CADs?

Or could a good one just go by feel?

Any advice you could give for shopping for a miller?

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    What would I need to supply to a machinist to get a feather lite axe? CADs?

Or could a good one just go by feel?

Any advice you could give for shopping for a miller?
    i don't know about a machinist milling it, don't know if Empire/Kee/Simon are willing to release the CAD drawings of the gun just yet, but that's up to him, of course. find a decent priced machine, look for the names and the off brand at the right price and get it and practice. ask other machinists(Tinker's Guild is good for this, or other machinists forums) on what to look for what to get and where to get it. or go take a course or two at a college that offers machining courses. as much as you can learn from a book or read off the net, its a hands on thing, if you are wanting to do it yourself.

Any thoughts on the Warped Sports Dark Axe? The milling on the ASA doesn't look to be well thought out IMO, it looks sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
    Any thoughts on the Warped Sports Dark Axe? The milling on the ASA doesn't look to be well thought out IMO, it looks sloppy.
    I love the looks of the gun itself, but hate the looks of the price tag. If it weren't $1k, I'd already have started my Dark Axe fund.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

ouch, a grand for an Axe? i would think that double the price would be acceptable(though high IMO), but four bills? i guess they are going for exclusivity cause no one will buy one at price. its a freaking Axe, not a Angel 10 years ago.

So how drunk would you have to be to make a Warp-left Axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    ouch, a grand for an Axe? i would think that double the price would be acceptable(though high IMO), but four bills? i guess they are going for exclusivity cause no one will buy one at price. its a freaking Axe, not a Angel 10 years ago.
    Sorry for the late reply... But if a new Axe costs 450. And a new Dark Axe costs a 1000, then you need to retake some elementary school arithmetic.

To be fair, private label angels were 2k, ten years ago. Which would be 4 times the price of an Axe.

Meanwhile, http://warpedsportz.com/darkaxe-turquoiseblack.aspx

The Dark Axe is only 700. That's a pretty good deal, for the amount of work.

My only wish would be for frame recontouring, like Manike pulled off. Or some cool traditional humpback frame.

Sorry for my late reply here. I would have kept this to a PM but Simon won't accept them. Is there any hope of getting this file so I could have a machinist do this to my Axe? Or at least the critical dimensions so they could work off that?

I will be providing Axe machining and custom Axe bodies shortly if all goes to plan. I'm sorry but I won't be able to provide the files for other people to replicate my work.

Just getting everything sorted out now so I can look to do this.

I'd rather give you a fist full of cash to mill my Axe than anyone else, but I just didn't figure you would be offering the service yourself. Please put me at the TOP of that list.