Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paintball Patents

It doesn't seem to be generally known that it expired, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to abuse ignorance of that either. If they continue to act as if it is valid by threatening people, they need to seriously reconsider labeling their manuals with that patent number.

Quote Originally Posted by ipfrontline.com
    In its June 10, 2010, decision in Matthew A. Pequinot v. Solo Cup Company, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit provided important clarification of the federal false patent marking statute. The court upheld the ruling of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia that marking a product with an expired patent number may constitute false marking. The Federal Circuit also affirmed the District Court’s ruling on intent, confirming that Solo lacked the requisite intent to deceive the public required by the statute, and so was not guilty of false marking. In doing so, the court underscored that the “bar for proving deceptive intent in [false marking cases] is particularly high,” and that the presumption of intent created by a party knowingly marking a product with an expired patent number may be rebutted “with credible evidence that [the defendant’s] purpose was not to deceive the public.”
    Although, Techt is a much worse offender of this practice as they label absolutely everything with patent pending.

Is KEE actually enforcing the almighty SP patent?

PS - love my HALO (actually has a B2 board in it - definitely a fan of the sound activation) but I'm not a fan of the shell material, more specifically the battery door's tendency to crack and the lack of capacity.

One of the reasons I see a Z2 compared to the Proph and go, "huh?" LOVED the huge capacity of the stock prophecy, and it seems the Z2 kind of undid that...

Simon, the patent covering the removable drive system seems to cover the Pulse... I'm assuming this wasn't the patent that killed it as the Pulse was released earlier?

Also, just a general comment: Interesting to see both yours and Jack Wood's name as inventors on a patent.
    Last edited by new ion?; 05-10-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Insider
    Is KEE actually enforcing the almighty SP patent?
    From a couple people I was given the impression (both good and bad) that they enforce it after you sell about 1000 guns. To those not expecting it, it can be a shock. But I have talked to Louis (sp?) in the past about it, and they have the normal fee like SP did and will enforce it. At the time they actually didn't have any paperwork and still had to scrub SP out of it before they could use it.

Insider
    That's funny it expired, Billy Wing threatened to sue us...
    Told Bob Long the same thing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Told Bob Long the same thing. :/
    Is that the generally accepted reason that the Insight design is a different spoolie design from everything else?

It's not that different, and were the patent still in play imo it would have been covered.