Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i love when bob kicks ass

i love when bob kicks ass

Last edited by Simon; 05-13-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Bob has always worn his heart on his sleeve.

I wonder if the majority of the internet cares? The "now now now" seems to be a more prevalent attitude in many cases.

Seems he could hire one more person to deal with CS calls to reduce the amount of his own time occupied by them. Sounds like it's causing him a lot of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Bob has always worn his heart on his sleeve.

I wonder if the majority of the internet cares? The "now now now" seems to be a more prevalent attitude in many cases.
    yeah, thats what i like about him. say what you want about his engineering, or communications skills, you ask bob a question, you will get what he thinks, uncensored and unfiltered.

and i LOVE that bob is keeping the actual special edition millings and annos alive. that's the saddest part of the made in asia guns we have today, since they show up complete, there isn't much that can be done with them in terms of PL guns, annos etc etc. i love the price point and price to performance we see in todays guns, but there are very few really special guns anymore.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 05-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    and i LOVE that bob is keeping the actual special edition millings and annos alive. that's the saddest part of the made in asia guns we have today, since they show up complete, there isn't much that can be done with them in terms of PL guns, annos etc etc. i love the price point and price to performance we see in todays guns, but there are very few really special guns anymore.
    I'm not really sure this has anything to do with where the gun is manufactured. Anodizing sure, but you don't have to get things machined and anodized in the same place. With the right manufacturer even PL guns might be done overseas.

And it probably doesn't need repeating but fast, good, or cheap, pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I'm not really sure this has anything to do with where the gun is manufactured. Anodized sure, but I'm not sure about the machining issue. With the right manufacturer even PL guns might be done overseas.

And it probably doesn't need repeating but fast, good, or cheap, pick two.
    the business case is just not there for special mills etc etc on huge run number guns like the ones made in asia.

thats why most PL guns these days are a laser, or best case, anno job, nothing more.

the business case is just not there for special mills etc etc on huge run number guns like the ones made in asia.

thats why most PL guns these days are a laser, or best case, anno job, nothing more.
    I think you're missing my point. Provided you really trust your manufacturer to get it right the first time, small runs are just as possible (and cheaper) in asia as they are here. It's entirely a business decision not to do it. Tooling and CAM costs in the US are crazy high compared to asia, which is obviously terrible for short runs.

And I'm not sure the TS G6Rs are all that "special", ripper vics definitely aren't. By special I mean limited in number. And he makes up for part of it by leaving the internals untouched for long stretches.

Not that any of this is bad or good, they're all just business decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Not that any of this is bad or good, they're all just business decisions.
    thats what i said.

Insider
    and i LOVE that bob is keeping the actual special edition millings and annos alive. that's the saddest part of the made in asia guns we have today, since they show up complete, there isn't much that can be done with them in terms of PL guns, annos etc etc.
    So it turns out you can't anodize FRP :P

Awesome video.

I had a 2012 G6R and didnt care for it, only Bob Long I ever had.

Guess I need to give his stuff another try.

Its worth supporting.