Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs "Pico" 100 round force feed body shell system

Welcome! Very nice, and very bright!

thanks simon, still working on the printing part. I want it to print cleaner and stronger then my current printed shell. Some tweaking my machine should solve that though thanks

Simon,

Please contact me if the shell becomes available in a small run. I can find a used V35 easily and would love to test this bad boy out. As long as the shells themselves aren't over $60.

do you recommend PLA or ABS to print these off?

hey simon. I am very impressed in your work. I will be printing my shells in PLA so i will let you know how it turns out. Are tolerences accounted for in this? or does there need to be resizing withing the slicing software?

Hello, and welcome to my forums and thread

The files I provided are what you want the final size to be. Depending on your processes and material choices the software you use should accommodate for the shrink needed to get the right result.

Look forward to seeing your results

thanks for the quick response. What i meant was are the tollerences accounted for within the actual files?

is there also a way I could start producing and selling these for peope in demand?

Quote Originally Posted by camden.goodie View Post
    thanks for the quick response. What i meant was are the tollerences accounted for within the actual files?
    The files are STL format and have no tolerances in them, they are fairly forgivingly designed though. Typically for injection moulding then would be +/- 0.005 but a lot of it has more leeway than that.

Quote Originally Posted by camden.goodie View Post
    is there also a way I could start producing and selling these for peope in demand?
    If you are looking to make a profit then we can discuss licensing. If you are just selling them at your cost + shipping to people then I have no issue with that.

I am currently working with a company to use soft tooling and hand molding to make them more affordable and accessible to people who don't have access to 3D printing. I have the first samples in hand and testing now