Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs "Pico" 100 round force feed body shell system

Insider

Tried it flat... looking a LOT better with the adjustments to the temps... but still clogged up the extruder at around 55% of the layers.

Simon is the end-on orientation better for the clips more so that the rest of the piece?
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Insider
    3rd time's the charm... Clips survived cutting out all the support material. Now I'm working on the ripwheel, its kind of a disaster but we'll see how my adjustments to the feed and flow rates help...

Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Insider
    Really need to get into the support settings and SLOW down the extruder for these bad boys... From left to right: First successful print 1, on side with supports. Try 2, business end up, unsupported (the underside is a mess), and try 3, upside down without supports.

Try 2 and 3, being opposites, of course came out that way with the finish quality.

We've only had this printer together and running a few weeks, fun stuff!

Insider
    Well that explains things... cooling fan on the print head died...

Didn't you guys JUST get this thing?

Insider
    Its from a kit, we've already upgraded a significant number of components from the supplied 3d printed plastics to aluminum... its a Prusa I3

It was cheap. you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    ...its a Prusa I3.
    FYI, this was printed on the same machine.

Insider
    Yea, as you can see our layer quality is nowhere near that...

Yeah if one has PERFECT settings and plenty of time to run the machine you can get some excellent results from these FDM units. If the thing isn't on its A-game it ain't gonna do well at all.

I was doing 3D printed parts for paintball, I'm done doing that for anything that sees more than trial fit and use and moving towards using the prints as a basis for molds and all that noise but, struggling lately with the same issues of inconsistent results and chasing the phantoms in the machine.