Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs "Pico" 100 round force feed body shell system

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    19 balls under tension? Sign me up for a clock spring mod to get that number to the full 100
    whats the clock spring mod?

Anyone tried printing yet? Want to know weight and type to print. I know someone that will do for me but wanna know price and he is charging $1/g and $10/hr

I just loaded it into my Repetier Host software to see how it looks and sliced it (with Slic3r) and it looks like it'd be a pretty difficult print for my printer, if I could even print it at all. I have a Mendelmax 1.5 (Reprap printer) Clearly, none of it is designed with FDM printing in mind (vast majority of DIY/Home printers are FDM printers). I would be interested to see if people could print it on an FDM printer with any success. Materials aren't the limiting factor here, it's the design.

clockspring mod would be a spring and modification to the drive carrier to get more than 1 revolution of spring tension out of a halo drive cone.

I find it kind of sad that some of these kids have no idea how a halo series loader works because of the spire and rotor.

Also, I find it pretty funny that the Spire is essentially a Pulse done right.

very very cool
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Great work!

i hate to the be the negative-nancy, but not a fan. its wide like a halo so you can't see through it like a revvy. and its nearly as tall as a revvy.

i'll just take the revvy, its has nearly the exact same target profile, and not limited capacity.

now, you make a revvy internals version so you can make it nice and tight, and i'd love it. as i said to simon this weekend, if i could use my work's printers, i'd have already made myself and bryce a set of them. its open source though right ..... ?

Printed half last night.

makerbot or something else?

Tracker

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    Printed half last night.
    The red looks like it'll be really cool colorwise. Would be awesome to see two tone hoppers (some printers can do multiple colors in one go) with the Inception logo a different color than the loader shell.

Seems like it was designed very well and should hold up to abuse.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.