Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs "Pico" 100 round force feed body shell system

Already printed on an old 3d printer, which has less resolution.
    Inside are old Halo internals whith 6 batteries. Weight is 520gr and a capacity of 95 paintballs.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    clockspring mod would be a spring and modification to the drive carrier to get more than 1 revolution of spring tension out of a halo drive cone.

I find it kind of sad that some of these kids have no idea how a halo series loader works because of the spire and rotor.

Also, I find it pretty funny that the Spire is essentially a Pulse done right.
    i actually grew up using Halo Bs, B2s, and V35s from all the different companies who made them and have never once heard of the watch spring mod

Clock spring, but yea.

I don't think it's possible with the stock HALO layout, I believe that Lurker was more referring to something possible with significant modification.

PS - you like sound or eye activation better? I'm a sound person myself. IDK why, it just works for me.

Wayne
    I happen to know that there is another loader project on this site that uses a clock spring [suspense music] dun dun dun[/suspense music]

I have a lot of catching up to do on the forums from last week and weekend.

To show a better size comparison of the body shells I just made this video.

Holy crap its tiny.

Going to chase down the 3d printer dude today and see if this is possible. I find myself buying a prophecy for super cheap and need something new for my halo guts!

It's not as tiny as I would like and be ultimately able to do if I made it from scratch, but I think those videos give a better size perspective of it.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's not as tiny as I would like and be ultimately able to do if I made it from scratch, but I think those videos give a better size perspective of it.
    Before Simon posted his design I had drawn this up (not 100% sure feasibility and it's quite similar to Simon's already) The capacity is most likely wrong as well seems like it'd be closer to the 100 like Simon's. I forgot to include the board as well, but I think it would fit up by the battery.

602611_10151361508930796_1306310465_n.jpg
    I do think that if you could change certain parts of the design it would be possible to downsize it
    I've been looking at mine as well as reading up on other people's ideas (as I'm sure you have been) and I've come up with a few things.

1. No electronics/use clock spring only (not possible with all Halos since some Halo-A models don't have the spring)
    2. Do away with battery door and board area.
    3. Integrate the catch cup into the shell; as per Pump Scout (I think) on PBN.
    4. As catch cup is designed into the shell the motor (as per 1) can be done away with.

If electronics are kept you could still do number 3 although the size savings would be minimal.

An option would be to design an arduino controller or similar small board to run the electronics and perhaps change the voltage required to operate (thus changing the size slightly).

Yet another option would be to do away with the board (for the most part) and rig up a small board that just uses a microphone as a switch ala the Reloader B. Keep it crazy simple and have the motor spin only when the microphone is activated by firing the marker.

I've been looking at the STL files as well but not much I can do to edit them since Inventor won't really let me. I do agree that in order to make this a drop in modification/new shell how it's designed is perfect.
    Last edited by skibbo; 05-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Anyone know of any reputable companies online that do 3d printing i dont know of any or anyone on here interested in making some extra cash and make the shells for me?

How well can something like this stand up to taking a hit??
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.