Thread: Contour Mount

Contour Mount

I saw on inceptiondesigns.com that you've designed a barrel mount for the GoPro. Will you please consider designing one for the Contour? The main problem with using their XL Bike Mount is that it's hard to sight down the edge of the barrel when it's on.

if Simon doesnt make one, you can get one at Jazz Stands, I use theur contour i4 mount and its been working well for me, they also have a contour barrel mount you may wish to look into.

http://jazstands.com/Camera-Mounts_c5.htm

Supports Inception Designs
    It looked like one of the pictures I've seen showed a threaded mount (similar to other point/shoot cameras) that could be used in a design. Just do a ring with a threaded nub and screw it in and you're good to go.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I had quite a few people ask about one this weekend so I will take a look into it.

The GoPro mounts were really a quick project so I could use my cameras that I already had and get the machines set up and tested.

Simon I have 2 broken contours sitting here. I no longer use either of them. 1 got shot in the lens and the UV filter broke and the other one's power button broke off. You are welcome to them if you want it.

I'd love to see what you come up with Simon but there is a really nice barrel mount for the contour already. The guys at Nummech make a combo mount that has a screw for mounting anything with a tripod mount as well as a nice low profile rail for the Contour. I picked one up and it works great.

http://www.nummech.com/prod_item_contourbarrel.html

EDIT: The one that Rats posted at paintball gateway has been replaced. They went to a base clamp with the tripod screw and a rail adapter that fits the base. My Contour Roam can mount on tripods but I like the rail as it keeps it pointed the right way and locked down.
    Last edited by williamkapes; 06-04-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Yeah after seeing the camera's Ying sent me and knowing Andy from Numech I don't think this is something I am likely to do. Got too many other things to work on right now