Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 Stack True Feed TPX Mag

Insider

14 Stack True Feed TPX Mag

Hey everyone.

Here is my 14 or 13 stack TPX mag I have been working on in my free time.

I have double checked the measurements but you may have to tweak the ball stopper guide it was a paint in the ...

I did my best to make everything compatible with the Tippmann 7 stack mags. so just transfer those parts from a 7 stack to this one, springs and all.

For the spring that feeds the balls I haven't got around to finding one. So that is up to you, find what you can.

All I did was copy the 7 stack and extend it by 90 mm so you could really just look up the spring that Tippmann uses and get the same one but longer. I have also added an extra 10mm at the base where the spring will sit to compensate the extra material.

NOW, I haven't had the chance to print this out yet, so I really don't know how this will turn out, but it should make it all interesting for you guys.

I'm new to using these forums so if the file doesn't work let me know and I can give it another go

Here are the .stl files. I can post the drawing files soon if you guys want.

Have Fun
    Attached Files Attached Files

Insider

Insider
    Okay, so I was finally able to print this mags. The walls are really thin. So if you do print this out, be careful. I mill make an update about how they work, just letting them cure. I am also looking into making a mold for either side.trying it that way. But we will see.

Insider
    2 mm. Tight tolerances, between the ball and the mag well.

I noticed some discussion on the original Tipx mags and the new Zeta mags. People are saying the new ones from Zeta are better and stiffer so they can't deform in. Not sure if that is due to a thicker wall or something else in the design.

Keep up the innovation guys. I will print these out as soon as I'm done printing out 20 round SAR12 mags

Keep up the innovation guys. I will print these out as soon as I'm done printing out 20 round SAR12 mags
    Also I might change it up to be FS compatible without the modding

I don't wanna distract from this topic but since I can answer what Simon was unsure of here, I'll try to say as much as I can.

What I did with the ZetaMag to increase stiffness, which was a big concern when designing it, was get rid of the side slots. I had a few prototypes with one slot per mag-tube, but that wasn't good enough and the single-slot made it a pain to retract the followers easily, so we decided to nix the slots and go with a loading rod to make a more effective overall system. We also made sure to have a lot of snaps along the seams so that the sides have less room to flex from each other during any twisting or compression, and the center of the mag has a generously beefy spine running down the length of the mag from the top 'house' to the bottom 'house'. I suppose, looking back, I took some of the principles of making an aircraft wing structure (which is something I've been learning a lot about over the last two years) and applied it to our mag.