Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G6r Pressure Tester Adapter?

G6r Pressure Tester Adapter?

For those engineer/air pressure minded folks on here -

Would there be a way possible to make an adapter for the G6R that would allow you to test pressures accurately with the barrel mounted? I was thinking screw in adapter with a short steel braided line even and then a "block" that the LPR would screw into, but I didn't know if the extra volume provided by the block and line would actually cause pressure differences. I also didn't know if the HPR would still be able to be tested or not in this situation.

Styg

I am not familiar with it myself. Do you have some pictures of how it used currently that we can check out and maybe get some ideas from?

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I wonder why it has such a wide diameter?

Just putting that in line will affect the gas flow and volumes depending on how it is designed inside. It may or may not matter.

I wonder if you could just cut a half moon with a 1" ball mill into the side that lines up more closely to the barrel to give clearance... all depends on the internal gas paths etc.

Supports Inception Designs
    Snagged some pictures from this thread
    Looks like all you'd really need to do is reloacate the gauge.

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

they don't line up the same on all of the guns tho...really its not that big of a deal as it is. It just helps get your pressures in the ball park and then you fine tune with paint afterwards. It would be nice to have a smaller pressure tester tho so it takes up less space in my tool box. Same thing with the vic testers. Not that it matters, I'm prolly switching most of my guys guns out after this season.

For his gun though, it will line up within 1/4 of a turn worst case won't it? Does that matter if you don't tighten the pressure tester by 1/4? I would doubt it.

Supports Inception Designs
    Looks like the only way for the gauges to be oriented is vertically. It looks like the reg tester is threaded so it orients that way. I almost wonder if there'd be a way to do a thread adapter to force the reg tester to orient horizontally that way a slot could be milled for the barrel.

Found this picture of the complete LPR assembly online:

and

Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Tester "A" on F5

Tester "A" on std g6

Tester "B" on F5

Tester "B" on std g6

It varies from tester to tester and gun to gun....