Thread: Bob Long Insight

Bob Long Insight

Got my Insight after....well its been so long I don't remember. Shot good outta the box after 1k rounds its now getting roll back to the point the eyes are no longer seeing the loaded ball if the gun is sitting level or slightly elevated...We were shooting barrel down somewhat for the first 1k and the paint was boring out at 687 so its not just super tiny....

New V3 insight can

Ball in rear of breach

Assembled V3 engine

Some of you seem to have a rather good grasp on the operation of this gun so I thought I would start here.

I heard they had some issues with the back cap system. If the bolt that holds it into place unscrews does that allow the bolt for loading the ball to sit any further back?

Or is there a bumper o-ring getting destroyed somewhere? Maybe the square 114 Buna D70 on the front of the can from this image?

Insider
    The square buna would be a good one to look at, also look at the pillow bolt front rubber thingy. Those should be the only two parts that affect bolt distance as long as the drivetrain is in all the way.

Yeah, despite everything I still hear about the pillow getting shot out of the bolt from time to time.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

About the only thing I think it can be is the 114 square or maybe the pillow but it hasn't had enough paint thru it to really wear out the bumper, if thats even possible...

indeed it is, It has a slight groove into it but its barely noticeable, I'm going to take it out later today if I get a chance and try a bunch of different paint/hopper combinations.