Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My shockwave

My shockwave

I finally have my Shockwave. Its been a long wait. Original release was in 2009 with none sold, 3 years later AO finally wanted them.

Out of all the bodies Ive designed for mag & such this is my favorite. Also the most complex to model so far.

The body went thru 3 major design before XMT finally milled them. The first being a body/rail combo. Only one of those was made. It was sold and I have no idea where it went. The 2nd design was a unibody very similar to what you see except with alot less cuts. Dont think any were cut with that. Then the 3rd and final design you see is what was released to the public. It was originally intended to be a one off of the shockwave for me & XMT but we liked it so much we thought it was only fair to give AO the best we could.

This is the color I envisioned the gun when I was designing it so no other color would do. Also to me no other color looks correct. Odd how that happens.

These are a couple of the others Ive done. Not all are pictured.
    Top to bottom: SBM Spyder, Phoenix Automag, Ripper Automag

Nice work!

The body and rail combo like that looks absolutely awesome. I can see why you liked the colour for it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The body and rail combo like that looks absolutely awesome. I can see why you liked the colour for it to.
    The final design ened up being a unibody rather than a body/rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar20th View Post
    The final design ened up being a unibody rather than a body/rail.
    I meant the Unibody. Looks very sleek with the rail and body combined.

The marker turned out really nice!! I actually just picked up a body from Xmagterror and sent my battery pack so it can get milled as well for my next project. Just wondering... how many uni-bodies did you guys end up making?

PBpixels: I dont have a answer as to how many were made. I will find out for you.

I have one of these ripper bodies for my project I love it, just wish I could get my hands on a rail that matched better. What detents threads does it take?

regular ULE used Angel so i would assume that the ripper would use the same.

Quote Originally Posted by disturbd77 View Post
    I have one of these ripper bodies for my project I love it, just wish I could get my hands on a rail that matched better. What detents threads does it take?
    Detents are angel.

There was a rail that I designed for XMT that matched the ripper bodies. There was very little interest so only a small amount were sold. I don't even have one.