Thread: Milling Help

Milling Help

Hey I've been trying to find a person who would be able to do a custom milling job for me. I've got an 04 viking that I've been wanting to do a ripper project on and with all the metal on the viking stock it shouldn't be an issue to do (I think). If you know anyone or if you yourself would be able to take on this project please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dex

Have you spoken to Jared at DC? Something like that is going to be expensive.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Have you spoken to Jared at DC? Something like that is going to be expensive.
    Yeah he was my first option, but he said he was to backed up to take on work like that. I've also tried tarantula (also busy) and Elia (worried about keeping in contact and other things I've read about them). As for price I'm not too worry about how much it will cost so that shouldn't be an issue.

Your best bet by far is to find someone that already mills Vikings. Getting a new shop to do the reverse engineering work and to make fixtures to do the set ups will make it very expensive and time consuming for a one off.

Jared would have been my first call too.

How complex a job do you want?

Did you try offering the current Viking shops more $$$ if that isn't a concern for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Your best bet by far is to find someone that already mills Vikings. Getting a new shop to do the reverse engineering work and to make fixtures to do the set ups will make it very expensive and time consuming for a one off.

Jared would have been my first call too.

How complex a job do you want?

Did you try offering the current Viking shops more $$$ if that isn't a concern for you?
    Yeah I was hoping someone who has milled vikings before would be able to, but just keep striking out it seems. When I said money wouldn't be an issue they have told me that they just have to much work right now and need to finish what they already have first

As for how complex I was really wanting to do something close to the ripper 2.5 or 1.25 timmy thats out. I would however be ok toning it down and doing something not nearly as complex if I could find someone though.

Until you have a better option, I would try to get "in line" with someone.

The Ripper milling is quite surface intensive. I only know of 5 or so people in paintball that I am certain have the skills to model that up. Alex Hodges, who usually goes by L_X on here and other forums (he hasn't signed up here yet since the crash) might be willing to do the CAD work for you. Then you'd just need to find someone with a CNC set up to cut it.