Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hopper?

New Hopper?

Simon - are you going to be designing a new hopper I need to hold out for any time soon, or should I pick up a spire to see what all the hype is about?

Styg

he did design a new hopper, the pico

It would be quite a while before any full hopper I might do would come out so for at least the next 6 months or so I would say you are free to do what interests you

Got a Prophecy and a z2 - so I'm still repping your designs Spire is on it's way - Been watching videos all day of people complaining about the spire engine getting in the way when loading paint though... we shall see.

Insider
    I always planned on designing a new shell that would incorporate the warp feed and an agitated hopper. Combine all the components in one housing including a single power source. It would be perfect to go along with your other hopper design that is 3D printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I always planned on designing a new shell that would incorporate the warp feed and an agitated hopper. Combine all the components in one housing including a single power source. It would be perfect to go along with your other hopper design that is 3D printed.
    but... but... make more mag parts!

Hey yo! I just thunk of something that may belong around here, or at least has a good answer here. Speaking of loader designs...

Why is there no simple hopper (just a 50 or 100 rounder) that has a 45 degree feed neck entry? In the past I can see manufacturing difficulties and feed neck fitting issues, but it seems like a 3d print would fix those. I would like to have something I can stab onto an old RF cocker body or such without an elbow. Is more to it? Was there one already? Something like a 50 round APP that feeds straight from the side?

Because there are vertical feednecks, left feed feednecks and right feed feednecks... making it vertical and allowing an adaptor when needed is way more cost effective and universal as compared to making a set for each style of guns. Making shells is expensive, making adaptor elbows is cheap.

No reason why you couldn't do it with a printed hopper shell though.

p.s. Welcome to my forums

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    p.s. Welcome to my forums
    Thanks!

It didn't look like the intro area was being used, so I just piled in.