Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Ray vs Vidar

X-Ray vs Vidar

Hey Simon,

What's the difference between the new Vidar and X-ray? Judging by the pictures and the video, they're very similar.

Vidar_Profile_0.jpg

The Vidar is higher level than the X-Ray. It's a more rigid front area over the mouth but the sides are thinner and more flexible so it will shape around a stock when you bring a gun up to sight.

Simon, what's the point in releasing these? Don't the E-Flex, E-Vents, Avatar, and Helix cover the entire spectrum of the market?

Sales and Marketing wanted it. They believed there was a niche for it.

Aaahhh, their infinite wisdom at play once again.

Well, if it works for the scenario players...

But I mean, what do these do that the existing line doesn't? It seems to me like it actually does less. The Vent series IIRC offers better optical qualities and quick-change. Maybe they don't want to leave Spectra users high and dry, but with the E-Flex I see no reason to keep that lens series.

I'm not trying to be critical here, but rather asking an honest question. Do the people in Marketing and Sales actually play paintball? Or do they get most of their stuff via customers and surveys?

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Algae View Post
    I'm not trying to be critical here, but rather asking an honest question. Do the people in Marketing and Sales actually play paintball? Or do they get most of their stuff via customers and surveys?
    I think it was mentioned that they have played a few times, but not regulars like the market they are serving. I'm a little surprised this is the case since familiarity with one's line of work is a pretty standard desire for hiring. This is even stronger in enthusiast industries. Every hockey shop I have ever been to was staffed by those who play(ed) or coach(ed), The best pinball player in the world is a programer at Stern Pinball. Other PB companies have a pretty strong number of players in their workforce. Just seems a little wonky what KEE does decision wise at times. I'm sure they are capable people, but showing an interest in the game would probably help them professionally.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that KEE has some investors they are responsible to and thus they need to hire pros. I remember that every time I visited the Action Village store towards the end none of the employees showed any interest in paintball.