Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to make this... Brutus Rotary Mag fed pistol!

We need to make this... Brutus Rotary Mag fed pistol!

Using FN303 Magazines...

Insider
    Well, get us some CAD of the FN Mag and lets see what happens!

Supports Inception Designs
    Looks awesome. Dump chamber like a the D.P. markers? That'd be the smallest size I would think. Otherwise you could put the valve system into the grip possibly.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    Air chamber in grip was my first thought- Mini style. The bolt action and well, a Barrel? My next thoughts.

Air source? 12 gram? Standard tank?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

There is now way I would want to shoot something like that in real life. Would kick so much.

makes me think of this:
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ary-rifle.html

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Air chamber in grip was my first thought- Mini style. The bolt action and well, a Barrel? My next thoughts.
    That would be better. Would love semi-auto or even select fire but that would take up a lot more room.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Air source? 12 gram? Standard tank?
    I would think 12 g would be best, however you'd probably need a reg unless you used a sheridan type valve or similar but that would change the size for sure. Some sort of regulated input would be necessary depending on the valve system.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    I don't like having the tiny top valve thing so I haven't really developed this, but here is my micro valve. Not sure that it work reliably IRL.

The trigger (moves forwards, so requires a lever) pushes the bolt forward, which opens up the dump chamber and blow-forwards the bolt (it's missing the bevel on the back). The top valve is closed as the bolt moves forward.

You can also connect the trigger directly to an on-off valve to skip the miniature valve thing, though that can result in short stroking to a completely open valve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by neftaly; 06-15-2013 at 10:44 PM.

The funny thing is - in this forum someone says "let's make this" and within 5 responses you already have 2-3 design ideas, a conceptual drawing, and a plan in the works. I think with the thinktank this forum is, if we had the machinery at hand and the time you guys could go from concept to prototype in 2 weeks time

Wow. I want one already.