Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: We need to make this... Brutus Rotary Mag fed pistol!

Been following this project closely. Wish I had something to add but this is great work. Can't wait to see/maybe own a final working product!

Supports Inception Designs
    Not sure when I'll have time to do more body design. The main internals are done which is the hardest part. I can send files to someone if they want to take it over.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    I forgot to mention this earlier, FN 303 mags are basically just scaled-up rotary airgun magazines (so there shouldn't be any patent issues etc).

Anybody wanting to pick it up and run with it?

I might be able to after graduation which will be sometime after christmas? might be a little busy with personal projects though

Went through the whole thread on this design and love it.

A thought for the frame, or rather a picture. Why not a JCurtis grip? Don't get me wrong, I love the CCM 86, I have an 86, just thought I'd throw in a little more variety.

Also implementation of a countdown system like in the previous rotary mag picture would also be very convenient instead of trying to remember how many shots you have left.

A JCurt frame would work, but it would need to be milled/adapted for a 12 gram changer. A system like a Retro7 would work and take up minimal room in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
    Went through the whole thread on this design and love it.

A thought for the frame, or rather a picture. Why not a JCurtis grip? Don't get me wrong, I love the CCM 86, I have an 86, just thought I'd throw in a little more variety.

Also implementation of a countdown system like in the previous rotary mag picture would also be very convenient instead of trying to remember how many shots you have left.

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I like the R7 idea

The in grip idea makes it easy to use a constant air adapter as well, especially if you can buy the one for the Retro 7

I like it too, but I have no idea how much the frames cost or how much more engineering would need to be done to make sure it would work on the Brutus.

Using other people's parts usually saves $$ as opposed to making them yourself, but the R7 one seems a bit pricy at $90.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenario View Post
    I like the R7 idea
    Quote Originally Posted by skibbotwo View Post
    The in grip idea makes it easy to use a constant air adapter as well, especially if you can buy the one for the Retro 7