Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to make this... Brutus Rotary Mag fed pistol!

Looks like the perfect application for those cheap classic mag valves that are all over the place...
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Looks like the perfect application for those cheap classic mag valves that are all over the place...
    I'll do a mag valve design too. They might be a little longer than the mini body but should make some things easier to do.

Was able to do a bit more work on the mini based body.
    Put a pic rail on to help depress the mag release so that when the mag is inserted it will depress the top nub to allow rounds to load into the marker.
    Changed up the body a bit as well to allow the FN-303 mags to sit inline with the bolt.
    Attachment 415Attachment 416

Rail off (showing nub)

Rail on, side view
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Did a bit more. Needs work to get it to a good looking state, but the idea is there I think. Needs work with all the electrical components so I'm sure it'll change a good amount.
    Brutus 2.jpgBrutus.jpg

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I like that, I wonder how accurate itl be with a 2 inch barrel

I'd go 6" minimum

also can we make it co2 compatible for 12 grams?
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 06-16-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I like that, I wonder how accurate it'll be with a 2 inch barrel. Not a huge OD "rain cover" but it would look similar to one from a normal handgun.

I'd go 6" minimum

also can we make it co2 compatible for 12 grams?
    Yeah. I was thinking mock suppressor/barrel (think Woosh style). Keep at least an 6" bore and have a larger OD tube that runs the full length.

I'm pretty sure the stock mini can run on CO2/12 grams but efficiency wouldn't be that awesome, but who cares.

Here's updated barrel with a quick internals look (stock mini, with longer bolt)

brutus internals.jpg

Would the Crossman 357 valve system work? It's a proven system,uses 12 grams , the trigger group is already in place , parts are available . I just don't know if you could get it to drive a 68cal.

Maybe use like a power tube set-up.

The simplest I have ever seen though has been the TPX valve ,trigger set up

Quote Originally Posted by ccmachinist View Post
    Would the Crossman 357 valve system work? It's a proven system,uses 12 grams , the trigger group is already in place , parts are available . I just don't know if you could get it to drive a 68cal.

Maybe use like a power tube set-up.

The simplest I have ever seen though has been the TPX valve ,trigger set up
    I don't think it can drive a 68 cal ball at a decent enough velocity. Could maybe scale one up to use in this setup. Sheridan style with the FN mags would be pretty cool too, but I don't think you could run 12 grams in the standard style.

Tipx parts is a great idea. I know you can buy them all separately and as needed. Just would need to move the 12g to a better location... vertical in the frame...

TipX parts can be bought here... http://www.tippmannparts.com/Tippman...arts-s/877.htm

Anyone got a good picture of the gun apart to see the internal layout? Hmm maybe they have one in the manual... google again...

There are some, although not great ones, in the manual here http://www.tippmann.com/documents/TP...Rev%200512.pdf

here's the TPX internals:

A problem I can see is that the mag would have to feed from in front of the trigger, as opposed to behind it like it does in the stock configuration. Seems like you could shorten the rear airline and move the breach block, bolt/spring, and valve forward which would allow for a different loading point. Would have to change from a 'underfed' TPX style (for lack of better term) to an 'inline' (lack of better term here as well) system that the FN-303 mags have.

I apologize for the terribleness of this photo-chop, but here's how I envision it:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skibbo; 06-16-2013 at 10:49 PM.