Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotary Magazine files (Similar to FN303)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmachinist View Post
    The Sten mag I made has the "hoop" on it so the FS really stays enclosed till the bolt picks it up. So the magazine really becomes part of the body. kind of like a re-movable bore so the bolt pushes thru the magazine into the barrel. This would allow you to use the magazine at any angle.
    And you can remove your mag without rounds spewing out.
    I have a similar mag design in process. I agree with your statements 100%. The success of the FN system definitely points to certain good design decisions.

Ultimately it would be great if we could get one "standard" mag design, but I see that being unlikely any time soon unfortunately. I was looking at the options available, and didn't believe any were good enough to be a "standard". Hence the use of the FN303 mags for a rifle based gun, and an all new mag design for a pistol type gun.

I saw the Brute. I love it.

Here is a couple of designs we were looking at.

I don't know how to use the pic download yet.sorry

drumpistol.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

You just have to take the link from the attached image and then edit it in with img tags.

The drumpistol.

and the Jedit outcast

If you make the second, I want one!

Insider
    The Skorpion must be a strictly full-auto affair :P

They are both good candidates for FS.

I don't know why I like the cartridge guns so much. It's just so Hell-boy cool.

I want the second one to just WEAR on my hip. dont even care if I fire it

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I want the second one to just WEAR on my hip. dont even care if I fire it
    I want one too! Seems like using a Goblin style (but better designed) cartridge would work. Otherwise do most of the internals (SMAV valve?)in the grip and have an external CO2 changer to make it simpler.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

OR

Just make one of the tubes a dummy tube that houses the 12gram and maybe a spring fed "regular" paintball tube that you still have the option of cracking it open and putting in a first strike.

Think like a sydarm

The 12 gram in the grip seems to be the easiest. If a reg could be put in beside it that would work really well. The SR1 is like that and it has been one of the most stable 12 gram air systems I have seen. We get no liquid in the system.

Thinking of the double barrel you wouldn't even need a 12 gram. It could run off an 8 gram. So the entire air system is in the grip and frame. The shells would be just to hold the projectile.

Magtech make brass shotgun shells that could be modified real easy. They cost less than a $1 ea. They would have to be sized like in reloading and the primmer pocket would have to be drilled out. You could load .43 or 6mm paintballs for a buckshot effect.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=518023

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmachinist View Post
    The 12 gram in the grip seems to be the easiest. If a reg could be put in beside it that would work really well. The SR1 is like that and it has been one of the most stable 12 gram air systems I have seen. We get no liquid in the system.

Thinking of the double barrel you wouldn't even need a 12 gram. It could run off an 8 gram. So the entire air system is in the grip and frame. The shells would be just to hold the projectile.

Magtech make brass shotgun shells that could be modified real easy. They cost less than a $1 ea. They would have to be sized like in reloading and the primmer pocket would have to be drilled out. You could load .43 or 6mm paintballs for a buckshot effect.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=518023
    8 gram would be nice and compact, but 12 grams are a little bit easier to find. I wouldn't mind doing whatever works the best though. Don't need an ungodly number of shots out of one anyways.

How much do I need to save?
    Last edited by skibbo; 06-17-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.