Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great blog from Curt Hartung on the development of the Cheetah Halo Board

Great blog from Curt Hartung on the development of the Cheetah Halo Board

Unfortunately the pictures are lost, but the text is still awesome.

http://web.archive.org/web/200811200...om/~curt/halo/

This is from the same guy that made break beam eyes on guns a reality.

http://northarc.com/angel/

You found it! Holy crap.

I read that years ago and was totally fascinated by it.

Curt put it back up for us.

I am currently trying to persuade him to come over here and check out what we are up to

Curt was a mind that was wasted in or on paintball. he is one of those special people that after the problem or problems are solved, there is little to no interest, IMO. plus, when he was coding and debugging EverQuest, he grew out of the sport, which was sad. but i hope that i'm wrong, there is still a whole lot of life that can be put into paintball. would love to see what he can do with 10 years difference between what he did with the Cheetah & Morlock board and what he could do with the OLED and other developments in chip, programming and board tech.

but Curt is one of the good people that made paintball interesting in the 2000's and made the Tinker's Guild one of the best most informative forums to go to.

Supports Inception Designs
    We NEED him to come over here. Would be awesome to get his help on building an even better Pico style hopper.
    Plus his insight into some of the other projects here would be priceless.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

That was a great read and interesting how it developed. I so miss my cheetah boarded halo they fed crazy fast (the day of unlimited ROF). I sold it when they were going to come out with the second version and then it didn't happen.

Read, loved, saved. Thank you so much for getting in touch with him Simon!
    Last edited by PBSteve; 06-19-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Hey Josh: still have your Cheetah board you won?

This was a great read, and helpful to know where an EE can go in paintball!

Wayne
    I wonder how many hits that page has since it was re-upped. I know I've gone to it once every day as I can only read so much before my head starts to hurt and the text turns into Charlie Brown's teacher.