Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic body to take FN303 magazines

Basic body to take FN303 magazines

Basic block body to take FN303 magazines.

As usual, double check any dimensions that are critical to your projects
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quick question. I've converted the files to STL format using Solidworks eDrawings. I don't have a Solidworks license, but Shapeways doesn't take the formats included in the zip. Thus, the conversion to STL format. Upon uploading it to Shapeways, it is asking whether the files are in millimetres, inches, or metres. I presume it's in inches, but the free version of eDrawings does not allow one to do measurements.

I am uploading to Shapeways for a quote on receiving a printed copy for myself (ie. not for commercial distribution) as per your license. Any input appreciated. Cheers.

This file isn't really usable for anything as it is, it's really a starting block to then build other gun designs with knowing that you can have them take the FN303 magazines.

I suspect the file is in inches, but not certain. If it comes up with huge dimensions that it can't build then it's in mm...

Simon,
    Which version of SolidWorks are you using? I did not get the subscription service when I got mine so it is an older version and unable to open your files. Might be time to upgrade.

Pretty sure those files are 12. When I get chance I will put them out as a parasolid or iges if that helps? It will come in dumb, but that's better than nothing

I am still running 2005. I really need to update it anyway. Time to figure out who my reseller is in the area.

Actually while browsing the Solid works Website I came across a great deal on the Student edition. It seems that the kind folks at Solidworks go out of their way to support our military. Send them a copy of your DD214 and you can get the student edition for $20. Since I am only using it fo rmy own personal use and not for any sort of compensation this is the way forward as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by FLounder; 06-24-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: added info

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    I may be bringing up a dead thread here.... but if you could do the part as an iges or a '11 file, that would be awesome

(Also, having just come back from it - Simon. Bad news. The Henley Mile is now the Henley 100 meters. They all do food now.)

- - - Updated - - -

I may be bringing up a dead thread here.... but if you could do the part as an iges or a '11 file, that would be awesome

(Also, having just come back from it - Simon. Bad news. The Henley Mile is now the Henley 100 meters. They all do food now.)

Simon,
    Any chance you can sketch up the inner workings of the clip that holds the mag in place? Finally moving forward with my project and I do not have FN303 to take apart and see how it works.

Thanks

I've never actually taken a mag apart and heard from UV Halo that it is risky to do so as they are a nightmare to put back together.

Or do you mean the lever that is spring loaded and just comes out to lock on the mag? That's pretty simple. All you need is a pivot and something to jam onto the locking part of the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I've never actually taken a mag apart and heard from UV Halo that it is risky to do so as they are a nightmare to put back together.

Or do you mean the lever that is spring loaded and just comes out to lock on the mag? That's pretty simple. All you need is a pivot and something to jam onto the locking part of the mag.

I was referring to the lever that locks the mag in. I have taken a few of the mags apart to make them work better for my project. The process is a little hairy but you can do it if you are careful (very careful).