Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear insiders, how to keep a field afloat?

yea thats me... groups of small towns

Insider
    What is the population of each? And how far away? 10 miles? 20?

sheboygan county itself has about 115,000 people about 200 per square mile

the field is located in between plymouth and elkhart lake. plymouth having a population of 3000 and Elkhart 1000. sheboygan itself has a population of 50,000

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/55/55117.html

https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=of...ed=0CDYQrwswAA
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 06-21-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Insider
    Okay, Moderate to small population base.

What do you think are the main problems? What are the local normal players like? What are the biggest thinks the field might need to over come?

I see right off the bat the need to push the younger demographic that just got out of school, the 'Restless Teen.' Parents like a place they can drop their kids off for the day. Tell the parents how far it is for them to drive, say XX minutes from [insert town name here] and all day play! Parents go "Little Timmy can pick up a friend and I have a day to go shopping!" (I have 6 kids! This WORKS!)

Also work to make this an alternative to summer whichever. Have a newbie building workshop. Maybe on 'off' days?
    Have a Summer 3 man every other week playoff.

After Summer get into the schools and other venues that are looking for things for kids to do. Normally there is a community organization looking to set stuff up for kids. They want to find something for kids that can be positive. Talk about the team building, the plus you see in playing paintball regular - keeps you out of trouble, you learn to communicate, you learn to work under stress, you stay skinny because you spend all your money on paintball and can't eat. Okay, maybe make the lots of exercise instead.

But going to a local city counsel and talking to somebody as if you are offering an option for the local kids might be really rewarding.

hmmmm I literally like all of that. I have 2 kids and paintball as a relief to them, lol

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    yea thats me... groups of small towns
    And blue barrels.
    Its amazing those satellite maps.

Looks like you have a lot of outdoor stuff in the area, parks, big lake etc.
    They all have bulletin boards, great place for coupons for discount paintball.

endeavor to persevere.......

20130622_140553.jpg

yea, fresh picture as of today, just got back

Just so you know I grew up in Madison, went to school in Milwaukee and Stevens Point, and as of when I left in 2009 had never heard of your place. Didn't play a ton from 2005-2009, but it seems like the word wasn't getting out. Not sure if it's the same ownership, but yeah. For the most part I played Apoc, a field up in Point and Jungle Cat.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 06-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

We've only been public for about 3 years. Before that it was just a backyard hobby field. Then we added a regulation size speedball field and sponsered 2 teams.

That would make sense then.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon