Thread: KM2 is Making a new Electronics Board

KM2 is Making a new Electronics Board

this is a repost from the Tinker's Guild.

"Okay get your wishlists out, I have the bandwidth (and workshop) once again to design and bring to market a new custom marker board.

Seems like Tadao filled the vacuum left by KM2, is there much call for a new board? Maybe a generic one like the Morlock?

I was considering making a micro-morlock which would be something like:

- Fully USB programmable, all timings, software upgrade, etc..etc.. with at least a windows app, probably an android app too if I can get that working, but I have heard-tell of problems with USB compliance..
    - Support every fire-mode you can think of
    - LCD support
    - Run 3 power channels (two solenoids and a hopper, or maybe pulse/wireless thingy channel..?)
    - Support eyes of course (what the heck, I invented them..
    - be super-small.

And whatever else anyone can think of.. let me know, I would try to hit a $99 price-point with it, maybe like $49 for the LCD module, probably need some sort of 3-button interface too.. that could be tricky.

I would have to sell at least 100 of them to make this worthwhile, so if it's just tepid interest I'm not going to bother.

-Curt"

this is very interesting. Simon, might need to pull Guild rank and invite/drag him over here.

I'm going to doing a clapper electric mag frame soon... I minght have to post pone

Insider
    Needs more Bluetooth

For what? To be a pain in the ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    this is very interesting. Simon, might need to pull Guild rank and invite/drag him over here.
    He is already here, with a post in the opensource community projects forum, as well as in intro thread.

http://simonized.com/showthread.php?...-design-thread

yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

In that order. GOD DAMMIT WHY DID I JUST HAVE TO BUY A E2 BOARD

punt it off and use that money for Curt's new board. its just a matter of timing.

Ok great... maybe he can finally get me the one that I paid for about 5 years ago...
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.