Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro-Morlock design thread - Now called the DNA board

i'll be your huckleberry. do i sign in blood, or will you just take my soul as collateral?

Supports Inception Designs
    Seriously? you want to proto up the hardware? I thought only I would be that crazy.

kick me an email for the details, I'll have a software snapshot up for you soon, and will be populating http://northarc.com/ps as I go.

yes I KNOW it's blank right now, I just installed it 10 minutes ago from work!

well, i think i might have bitten off more than i can, since i might not understand what you are asking, but we can discuss this via email.

and yes, i do crazy things, and i like a challenge, so put the 2 together and what do you get? Nobody wants a challenge, Nobody volunteers.

i'll PM you for your email, unless its someplace on your blog or these posts.

my email is at the bottom of the blog

do you want it to your or the board's email. forgot i added you to my contact list a long time ago. eh, i'll just cc it to both.

inbound email

outbound pachyderm

Hey Curt, love the work you are doing so far, I have so many usses for these. I will have to shoot ya an email for more detail, but we (my families buisness), is unhappy with one of the electronic board suppliers we have for our remote opperated model train.

I was woundering if these will still be dual solonoid controll (closed bolt guns).

Thanks,
    Dan

Yes the DNA board is specifically designed with two power switching channels for closed-bolt guns. My boards will always have that, since my all-time favorite gun is the autococker. Never has a more rube-goldberg device looked so cool and operated so well. Only way it could be cooler is if it actually shot brass casings out of the side when it cycled.

I have designed the DNA to be very expandable, send me an email and we can talk, I bet I can do some fun stuff for model trains, I noticed they got into digital controls some time ago (treating the tracks as a bus, and addressing individual engines for power) and always wanted to jump in there and see what I could come up with

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I have designed the DNA to be very expandable, send me an email and we can talk, I bet I can do some fun stuff for model trains, I noticed they got into digital controls some time ago (treating the tracks as a bus, and addressing individual engines for power) and always wanted to jump in there and see what I could come up with
    Whoa... That's really cool. I am curious how these buses (RNA, 1-Wire, I2C, etc.) work. I haven't played around with anything like that yet.

Question on the OLED board. Is the OLED going like this or the opposite way?

1)

2)
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

The second one (it is bonded to the blue side, then wraps around to the red side to plug into the ZIF, a top-conductor model http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...2dMqjuGRw2o%3d )