Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro-Morlock design thread - Now called the DNA board

That would be pretty killer.

IDK, I'm thinking that like, you build the gun, stick it all back together and air it up, fire a shot and it adjusts reg to 280ish then dwell beyond. If velocity is crazy whack, down with pressure, up with dwell. For LPR markers, could even adjust that.

We've discussed dwell adjustment many times over the years and while it sounds cool, the practical implementation would be tough. You don't want it to adjust on just one shot, you'd need to look at the standard deviation and you'd need to change the adjustment increment as you get closer to your goals. You'd also want to avoid "hunting" when you get close to the desired value.

And that's for guns where you can get a decent velocity change by adjusting dwell. Many guns don't have that.

Is it worth it? Maybe to keep your velocity optimum through out the day, but it's a lot easier to chrono between games... Then the system you would need to actually adjust a regulator. That would be quite a package and take some juice... I like the concept but not sure the reality exists.

Supports Inception Designs
    The intention is not to crowbar a servo into a paintball gun, its so this board can do way more.

Driving a servo is secondary, the primary reason for the lower header is to attach accessory boards (like LCD, hopper drive, 8megs of flash ram..) and allow expandibility with standard servo cables (available at every corner drugstore)

-Curt

Curt

How hard would it be to get an LCD screen programmed to work on this? I think you had posted up something on MCB showing a (I'm assuming) compatible board. Is it just going to be a plug and play option or something you'd have to program in to do right?
    Also, have you been able to figure out a price point? Or still too early?
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Got bored waiting for my the dryer to be open so I could continue doing laundry, drew up the board based on Curt's dimensions from the blog and the pictures he had up too.
    Just guessed on the PCB thickness, went with 1 mm.
    The layers are just a decal, too much for me to want to trace right now. The solder pads I extruded though. Circles are easy.

The quarter is right on size wise. This board is tiny!

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Wow that thing really IS small.. I feel sorry for my fab house, although they are fully automated so I guess I feel bad for the robots?

Okay on the LCD, I am planning to pre-program it to display information, and make that as customizable as possible, plug-and-play no end-user programming required, BUT I will release the llibraries at least so you can do whatever you want. That daughterboard will also feature a large (1meg at least, maybe more) EEPROm to store characters/animation/pics/videos that I will provide firmware to stream to the LCD.

Price point? I can't say yet, I will have to wait for the quotes to come back, sorry.

-Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Wow that thing really IS small.. I feel sorry for my fab house, although they are fully automated so I guess I feel bad for the robots?

Okay on the LCD, I am planning to pre-program it to display information, and make that as customizable as possible, plug-and-play no end-user programming required, BUT I will release the llibraries at least so you can do whatever you want. That daughterboard will also feature a large (1meg at least, maybe more) EEPROm to store characters/animation/pics/videos that I will provide firmware to stream to the LCD.

Price point? I can't say yet, I will have to wait for the quotes to come back, sorry.

-Curt

Great. Thanks for the information. I was really surprised at the size too. I knew it would be small but comparing it to a quarter just made it seem super crazy. If you want to borrow the pics for other forums go ahead.

Great to hear on the LCD. I know a bit of programming but I'm sort of terrible at it so anything that helps is appreciated. It'll be awesome to see where people stick these boards and how they customize them.

just for clarification: who is the board going to be hooked up to the gun? sorry if i have missed this or the correct terminology, but is it going to connect through a header, using the 10 pins on the top, like a B2K board or a early Timmy, or use the plugs like a DM/PE board? as owner of many old guns that i have some damn near 10 different boards in them, i am looking at a universal board that i put in all the guns and only need to remember one set of programming codes.

Funny you should mention the early Timmy, the first board I ever did was for the Defiant, and the classic Morlock/KM2 2mm 12-pin header is from that design. funny how having a massive stock of a part will do that, eh?

Anyways yes, the primary interface is the 10-pin header on the top, just like the Mini-Morlock, you will easily be able to swap the board to different guns, and even have complete profiles stored on a PC (or smartphone) that you can swap it to, without trigger programming.

And I have other ideas too.. some amazing new technology I'm taking advantage of

-Curt

I always hate genious designers use of winkie faces