Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro-Morlock design thread - Now called the DNA board

Supports Inception Designs
    major changes (see the blog) this is the USB port I am mounting: http://portal.fciconnect.com/Comerge...g/10118192.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    no, the three-pin header is upside-down
    Oops. I told you I'm terrible with electronics.

also the tolerance is a bit looser on the current version of the board, so the connectors don't run int
    Ok. I was just going off of the picture and I had to mess with the scale of it to work in Inventor so I expect things to be off.

major changes (see the blog) this is the USB port I am mounting: http://portal.fciconnect.com/Comerge...g/10118192.pdf
    I will update as much as possible.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Still need to add more components but I'll do that this weekend. Updated the board size and layout as per the blog.

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    That's certifiably nuts.

This is SO going in my Evil M

Exactly as I envisioned her. well.. so far.. for now.. I'm still sleeping on a few details. Nice work by the way I may tap you for some illustrations for the manual/webpage. Great detail on the USB plug!

oh the plug sticks off the board a bit, you have it lined up correctly if I had the flare right at the board edge, but I couldn't make room for the recommended landing pad and have a 4-40 cap screw fit if I had done that.

Curt seems you deleted the 4 pin header? What was the reasoning behind that?

Exactly as I envisioned her. well.. so far.. for now.. I'm still sleeping on a few details. Nice work by the way I may tap you for some illustrations for the manual/webpage. Great detail on the USB plug!
    Just let me know what you need. Would be pretty cool to see some of my drawings in an actual manual. Never did get those Ego Pump kits off the ground (which would've been the first time I could've had something in a manual). I actually was able to find a model of a similar USB plug that someone else had drawn. For some reason I couldn't open up the 3D file of the one you wanted. I think the one I found is darn close though. I tried to find a similar model and they don't seem to be too different, at least visually.

oh the plug sticks off the board a bit, you have it lined up correctly if I had the flare right at the board edge, but I couldn't make room for the recommended landing pad and have a 4-40 cap screw fit if I had done that.
    Ah ok. The cap screw I got from the generic parts library Inventor has had a head that was slightly smaller than the one you put on the board, so I'll swap it out with an actual McMaster-Carr part so that'll be right. I'll offset the USB as well, is the offset dimension critical?
    Last edited by skibbo; 07-12-2013 at 07:50 AM.

I removed the 4-pin header since its only job was to be a USB plug, and I just added an actual USB plug see the blog for the reasoning behind that.

the offset dimension is NOT critical, and I over-sized the head slightly (and added as much relief as I could) so there would be room for a plastic washer, required to protect the circuitry from the metal contact. I am planning to have a nylon washer on one side and a very short length of fuel-tubing on the other to act as a compression/offset fitting.