Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro-Morlock design thread - Now called the DNA board

surprise, surprise, Simon has a couple of Axes...

Mini is on the way! Curt I have to apologize, I may have misspelled your last name :blush:

Are we ready for a pre order?

Supports Inception Designs
    I want to make sure all is in order before I offer it for sale, lead time on fabrication is about a month, and I still have some decisions to make

Aight. Got my mag project staring at me with anticipation

Oh also, I will apologize in advance for the tape job... Curt, just so you know what awaits you when you get the mini...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qlv6zjlfn...2015.09.37.jpg

I wanted to tape it up so the bubble wrap wouldn't come undone, then I got carried away. At least it's electrical tape and easily removed.

So I am working on the interface board, and I would like some feedback on how it could/would be mounted. currently my design calls for three pushbuttons with a 4-40 mounting screw top and bottom, but how would that work? drill and tap a hole through the back of the grip? yuck.

I have been brainstorming all day and its a big blank-o.

There will be two plugs coming from it, a 9v harness and a 3-wire harness that plugs into the DNA board, here is a sketch of it.

X,Y and Z are negotiable, but those holes (top and bottom) are meant to be 3mm holes to accomodate 4-40 so that should give you a sense of scale.

help!? tell me what would be easiest to install, what you would like if you could have it. I have considered 9-degree pushbuttons but every version of that is worse than the flat.

-Curt
    Last edited by Simon; 07-22-2013 at 10:59 AM.

So this 3 button will be an optional thing? Can we use our own buttons?

Too bad something like the DYE membrane pad wouldn't work. Basically have a sticky backed pad (couldn't use the 4-40 threads though) that could wrap around the grips and allow placement on the spine.

I think that most people would be OK with having to drill holes. Otherwise you could always make specific interfaces for different markers, although for something like the ego you'd need one for every year would stink.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

the three-button thing is completely optional, primary onboard interface is trigger programming, of course this one works through usb too. No, this it is just an interface unit. If you want to use your own buttons... hmm.. hadn't thought of that, I'll make an option for it.