Thread: Empire Sniper/Resurrection inline regulator compatibility with WGP inline regulators

Question Empire Sniper/Resurrection inline regulator compatibility with WGP inline regulators

I've noticed that the regulator on the Sniper and Resurrection is a clone of the WGP Ergo and Black Magic regulators. I'm happy to see this because I've always been a fan of the WGP inline regs. However, I have a few WGP regs which could use a new reg seat and springs. Could I use Empire parts to rebuild my WGP regulators?

It's possible, but until someone tries it, I don't know for certain. The files/documentation left behind and kept by JT/WGP/K2 were horrific, and they rarely seemed to capture back changes in production into their documentation. I got to the point where I would never trust any of their files and anything we did have to be reversed engineered and re-documented.

Most (if not all) parts should be compatible, I bought a sniper HPR brass piston retainer, spring and and seat (part # 62, 63 & 67 from the diagram on pbgateway http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/paintballgate_2270_228439004 ); and they worked on an older WGP jackhammer LPR that shares the ergo/BM/STO/SR HPR's lower internals, so it should be a drop in replacement as far as most soft parts.

Haven't really tested the recharge rate though, since I bought that particular LPR for the sole purpose of carbonating my home-brewed beer (12-20 PSI isn't really something you'd see in a marker while operating properly).

I can let u know by the end of the day.

Yes. I just swapped out the guts with a karni reg and it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
    Yes. I just swapped out the guts with a karni reg and it all works.
    Thanks for the check

Thank you noclue119! I'd have one Ergo reg in particular that's been missing a reg seat for about 3 years lol. I'll be very happy to get it back on my Evolution where it belongs.