Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintball Lessons

Paintball Lessons

Hi Guys,

Im posting this as I know some of you here have reached out to me on the idea of Lessons that I proposed back in January.

Things have been moving along very nicely and we now have an online lessons directory and section over at Social. Check it out!

http://socialpaintball.com/lessons/

Welcome back! I hadn't seen anything from you in a while, have I been under a rock?

In regards to the Social Paintball lessons page, I've got a couple of concerns that you might want to address:

1. The way the lessons are laid out, you have to click on a field to get a short description, then click view to get the long description that includes the types of lessons offered. Players that need lessons might not be savvy enough to navigate to the long description - since the long description isn't that much longer, why not get rid of it and just put the lessons on the summary page?

2. Some of the participating fields describe their lessons as "We give you a safety instruction prior to play" or "Any of our staff are here to help." I think this is in the spirit of what you were trying to push for in your video, but does not carry the heart of it. Safety instruction and a play tutorial are two very different things, and I got the impression that the latter was what we were pushing for with newer or young players.

3. If the bar to entry is simply having safety instruction, the list is frighteningly small. I would think you could add any of the 8-10 fields near my area to a list like that. How are fields selected to participate (is it opt-in?) and how are services tracked by Social Paintball?

Thanks for continuing to push this - I hope to see that list grow and get more use.

Oh thanks Simon for the positive and constructive feedback. Good points. I will fix.

No you have not missed anything. I was soo busy getting this beast off the ground! As well, I have been working on my filming and editing skills. Trying to get better.

lol that isn't simon, but good feedback!

Insider
    Unfated33: Simon like Feedback.

Just in case we have a Simon failure?

me derp...

Sometimes I wish there was a like button...

or a derp button... for people like me...lol..(if you cant laugh at yourself, then life is going to seem a lot longer)

Ha, no problem! The logos can make it tricky - perhaps I need to go with the black like new ion? Anyway, I'm looking forward to your next published video.

I may be short, and southern, and out of shape... but I'm ready to stand in for Simon when the call comes.

Yes, the logo combined with "insider" is what got me.