Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axe bolt guide/ poppet dimensions

Axe bolt guide/ poppet dimensions

I was wondering if anyone had detailed dimensions for an axe bolt guide, particularly the poppet chamber dimensions? Dimensions on the poppet itself would be helpful too. The tap for the poppet tip (v3) and the velocity adjuster would be money as well.

I can do a mini, if that'll help. Or at least try to lol.

Supports Inception Designs
    Here's files for the mini:
    Here

No idea how close it is to the Axe.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Andy has some great files there.

The poppet area should be identical between the Axe and Mini. It's the outside volume chamber that is different.

I love this site.

Thanks for the file, unfortunately, I don't have the right application to open it. Can someone tell me what the ID of the poppet chamber is, how far from the sealing face to the bolt chamber vent holes (the chamber on the back of the poppet), and the bolt guide stem ID (the inside part of where the bolt itself rides)? That or converting it to a .dxf file would work... the only CAD program I have right now is autoCAD 2006 LT.

Also, by my estimations and some crude measurements, I believe the poppet moves ~1.35mm at 1.5 turns out. Any idea how accurate that may be?

Simon, you specifically would know this, but what kind of pressure differential is there on the 2 main faces of the poppet and is the opening movement primarily driven by backpressure from the bolt vent, or the force bias created when the rear chamber is drained?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by blueshifty; 07-11-2013 at 02:10 PM.

If I can get it to import correctly I'll turn it into a drawing (.pdf) later tonight or tomorrow.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Supports Inception Designs
    Here's a .pdf of the poppet.

Let me know if you needed something else.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Wow, that is great! Thanks!

Does anyone know the threading for the poppet face on the gen3? *cough*cough* SIMON?