Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Morlock code is now open source. here ya go.

Supports Inception Designs

The Morlock code is now open source. here ya go.

This code is the result of over a year of learning and iteration, it represents the most recent version of the Morlock firmware, and is fully commercial-ready. It is the actual code running any current-gen Mini Morlock, I have not changed any part of it.

It is not the cleanest code as many compromises needed to be made to fit it into such a small chip.

This code was compiled with the CCS C compiler, I have included the HEX file, but of course cannot include the compiler.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me and ask: km2@northarc.com

http://northarc.com/morlock_firmware.zip

Amazing. I have minimal experience with code/programming, but I look forward to reading through everything to try and get a better understanding of how it works.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Insider
    if ( bCockerMode ) // cool mode if you hate your battery

Laughed out loud

So if I'm reading this right to enter programming mode, you hold the trigger and turn the board on? Then you use the trigger and LED blinks to scroll through the different parameters? Seems like that'll be very simple since a lot of other markers use that same programming method. Also looking forward to the LCD screen whenever that gets put in.

So the different modes are: Sniper mode (semi?), Auto Response (ramping?), Full auto, and Cocker mode (???)? Seems like a great starting point.
    Last edited by skibbo; 07-14-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Thanks for this Curt. I actually enjoyed reading your code. It's rare when I can read someone's code and say that so props to ya. Cheers.

yeah that's sort of a starting point, while not the first generation of trigger programming, it is a great-grandson of it. I introduced it with the Gabriel chip. Nice to know it has endured.

Fantastic. I can't wait to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    Fantastic. I can't wait to read it.

If you need to, open it up with Notepad. I didn't have a program to read the actual file, but notepad worked wonderfully.

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    If you need to, open it up with Notepad. I didn't have a program to read the actual file, but notepad worked wonderfully.
    Not sure if kidding around...