Thread: Nerf Launcher Idea

Supports Inception Designs

Nerf Launcher Idea

A friend of mine mentioned to me that he'd like an M72 style launcher for scenarios.

I took a bit of time at work (during lunch) to come up with a design that I would think would work. I have an idea for an OTR valve, but I still need to figure that end out since it's the most important part. Otherwise I think the drawing is self explanatory.

Firing mechanism (simple lever) pushes down and then pushes the valve down to allow air through the valve. Similar to a normal blow gun for an air compressor, just with 1/2" or so openings.

The CO2 tank would act as an expansion chamber since I don't want anything PVC on the launcher. The lever 12 gram changer would be custom, but I suppose you could run constant air, but you'd need a regulator for it.

M72-esque launcher.jpg
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

I was thinking of making a pvc launcher out of pvc utilizing an electric sprinkler valve... under barrel mounted.

Never thought of using a co2 as a dump chambler.

Made a potato cannon using a pvc dump with co2 and the sprinkler valve. Worked pretty well. Gave me enough running room when I broke the car window 6 blocks away

Supports Inception Designs
    I've made a few, but never something small and compact. I'm trying to avoid using a regulator since that just adds to the price.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by skibbo View Post
    I've made a few, but never something small and compact. I'm trying to avoid using a regulator since that just adds to the price.
    a lot of fields insurance require a regulator though.