Thread: Suggestion for a new GoPro Product

Suggestion for a new GoPro Product

One big problem with the existing GoPro mounts is they are made of plastic. I find that after a year, the ultraviolet rays weaken the plastic enough that it starts to crumble.

I love Simon's barrel mounts. Not are they only metal, but they have that extra TLC. Like the design, the smoothing around the edges and the liner. I lend them out all the time to people who then ask me how to get them.

Sooo....

My suggestion is to make a helmet mounts for GoPro's of the same quality..

My helmet mount goes like this (and most milsig guys do something similar):

For the non-milsig guys, I have been doing research into soft construction caps. Like these:

Baseball Bump Caps
    In fact, this is self motivating in the summer as I want to stop using my helmet and use something soft, light and breathable. The trick is I am looking for one that is more conducive to paintball or I can easily modify.

So it would also be cool, to have a high quality metal helmet mount that would work on a baseball type bump cap.

Anyways...just a few thoughts for you guys...

i think that would be great and if you got a star like Bill Nye the Science Guy to do the intro vid for you, you already got my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I wonder if you would have issues with vibration if it was attached to a soft cap?
    I had the same worry (bump cap shaky), so far so good, basic test footage looks good.

The big thing is my normal helmet (milsim) has a chin strap. The baseball bump cap doesnt. So its cosmetics (look like a propeller head) vs stability.

I have been playing with a strap that goes around the rim to make it tighter on my head.

Let me keep working on it (bump cap) and when I get some where that I feel is good enough I will post some test - in game footage.

In the meantime, I hope you consider the idea of making some high quality GoPro MilSim Helmet mounts. Those plastic ones that we can purchase are just a waste of money.

I don't have immediate plans to make more Go Pro Camera mounts right now, as I have a lot of other projects in process, but it is something I will keep in mind. Would drilling holes through and mounting it to the peak of a cap be acceptable? That could be a good result and I'd sell it on a cap Not sure how the alignment would work out if you then put goggles on though because the peak would still need to point forwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't have immediate plans to make more Go Pro Camera mounts right now, as I have a lot of other projects in process, but it is something I will keep in mind. Would drilling holes through and mounting it to the peak of a cap be acceptable? That could be a good result and I'd sell it on a cap Not sure how the alignment would work out if you then put goggles on though because the peak would still need to point forwards?
    I completely understand. But thanks for thinking about it and taking your time to respond to my thread.

I'm going to start of with industrial adhesive, then go to drilling holes if I have to.